Critical years in parenting journey
Being a parent, no matter of country or society family lives in, bring many challenges and blessings. It is undoubtable that some parents, challenges are much greater than others but there is no rating scale of difficulty with which to measure these, and different parents in even the worst conditions vary in low resilient, capable and proactive they can be in relation to caring for their children and enabling them to grow into independent and functional adults.
The job of being a parent is like no other and yet all of the following points are universal :-
- Every parent has to create their own style of parenting to suit their particular children and family situation.
- Everyone, including relatives, friends, society at large and the children themselves, themselves, especially adolescents, will have views on how well you are doing.
- It requires the investment of large amounts of emotional and physical energy and material resources.
- It involves huge responsibility.
- There is no salary or expense account.
- There is no job specification or contract.
- It continues throughout life.
It is undoubtable that some parents challenges are much greater than others but there is no rating scale of difficulty with which to measure these, and different parts in even the worst conditions vary in how resilient, capable and proactive they can be in relation to caring for their children and functional adults.
Influences and issues through media
Now as per current scenario, we live in tenure that is so influenced by and reflective of the media that it is influenced by and reflective of the media, which is tough to select and elaborate the important aspects and do the subject justice. The key aspects of teenagers lives influenced by media include:
- Online socialization.
- Relationships and social behavior, including sexual behavior.
- Learning from teachers-directed curriculum-related material.
- Learning about the world, as social, political, physical, factual ideas.
- Lifestyle choices and choices about how to spend leisure time.
- Consumer behavior.
- Dysfunctional and anti-social human behavior as violence, conflict, war, suicide, self-harm.
- Mental health issues.
- Body image and physical health.
While thinking about how to manage teenagers with excessive use of new media, an either/or approach, which involves imposing or banning strict curfews, can seem to be the easiest and clearest method.
Nursing and feeding tricks
Having a baby is like entering a long tunnel. you can’t see the end and you wonder what you’ve gotten yourself into. you emerge five years later having had less sleep then you might have wished, but thinking it wasn’t that rough after all. difficult days become difficult to remember.
Don’t worry if you don’t feel overwhelming love for your infant immediately. It often takes time, perhaps months, for real parental love as well as attachment to develop. Relax and enjoy the developing bond between you and your baby. Despite the newness of caring for your first baby, It won’t take you so long to become an old hand at baby care. Baby don’t arrive with attach instructions, but they do express their need.
Dressing sense for breastfeeding
- Keep a cardigan sweater, scarf or receiving blanket handy for a quick covering.
- If you are concerned about modesty, unbutton your blouse from the bottom, or wear a cotton t-shirt or pullover that’s easily lifted up. Your baby’s head will cover your bare midriff, and the t-shirt will cover your breast.
- Wear printed tops to make stains less visible if you leak .
- To prevent leaks from soaking through your bra cups, use soft handkerchiefs , three or four layers cut from an old undershirt, two-to-three-inch circles of terry clothes and stitched together, or a sanitary napkin or diaper cut to fit. Half a panty liner may be all you need. Nursing pads and other commercial products are also available.
- Wear a stretch bra that can be lifted up for nursing. Some women buy nursing bras before they go to the hospital, getting a size larger (and a cup size larger) than what they wore during pregnancy, but this doesn’t work for every woman consider buying a bra extender in sewing notions department for extra ”give” you may need.
- Keep you baby awake and sucking by gently rubbing her cheek.
- Stop an older baby who bites while nursing by pinching your baby’s earlobe just hard enough to be a distraction.
- Experiment with various breast pumps, If possible, to find the one that works best for you.
- If you are engorged and your baby isn’t ready to nurse, express some milk in a warm shower or bath, or place a warm compress on your breast before expressing milk.
- Some babies find it hard to settle down against slippery nylon or polyester. If you are wearing a shirt of either fabric, slip a diaper or receiving blanket between you and your baby.
- If you baby falls asleep while nursing, change the diaper to make baby wake-up, during you are ready to change breast.
- When you want to stop nursing, put your finger in the corner of your baby’s mouth to break the suction and ease the infant off your breast.
- Keep track of which breast you started on last time by transferring a safety pin from one bra strap to other. Or move a light weight expandable bracelet or fabric hair from one wrist to another. Few women use a ring that loose enough to transfer from hand to hand.
Comfort set-up for nursing
- when nursing your baby on chilly nights , wrap up in a big blanket or get into a snuggle sack together. Or have a sweater or robe available. Your milk will flow better if you’re warm and cozy.
- Use a big pillow with arms, or a C-shaped nursing pillow, for breastfeeding in bed. some nursing pillows have Velcro straps that fasten around the mother’s back.
- Protect linens and blankets while nursing in bed by covering them with a crib-size waterproof pad.
- Place a thermos with a warm drink, or a sports bottle filled with a cool drink, near the area warm drink, or a sports bottle filled with a cool drink, near the area where you’ll be feeding your baby, so you can have the drink you need. keep a few energy bars there, too.
- Select a cushioned rocker, armchair, or sofa for nursing while sitting up. Choose one with low arms to rest your arms to rest your arms on, and put a pillow under your nursing arm for added support. If you’re thinking about buying a rocker, remember that a wooden one will be easier to clean than an upholstered one, though perhaps not as comfortable.
Save child from pernicious situations
The pernicious situations sometime raised so high and end up as life threatening for particular. Parents need to be alert and timely verify so than they can protect children from such pernicious situations as – negligence, exploitation, abuse, violence or any other risk at home or in the society while paying full attention to their health and safety. Child protection is also require as providing support and rehabilitation to the child in the event that he has become a victim of an unsafe condition. If we do not protect our children, they will face risks such as death, permanent disability, poor physical and mental health, educational problems, displacement and isolation of homes.
What are the risk situations that children should be protected from? Some of the most risky situations that children need to be protected are child labor, child marriage, child trafficking, child sexual abuse, corporal punishment, neglect and abusive children for violating the abandonment law. Or harassment or neglect of HIV infected or afflicted children for crimes committed by elders of their family. There are many traditional incidents against children in different parts of the country which are cruel to children and endanger their lives. On many occasions, children lose their lives even due to superstitions spread in the society.
Why and how do children become distressed
Parents Tension is often seen in children as their siblings get more attention. After the birth of the second siblings, the attention of the parents increases on the newborn and the attention of the first child decreases. He is also given various instructions to go to the newborn child and is punished with a little carelessness. In this way, due to the increased attention and love to the other child, he gets inferiority complex. He feels sad. Apart from this, there is a competition with siblings. Due to the good performance of one in school, the other child is made to feel inferiority complex. Due to this, terrifying / pernicious situations get raised.
Another factors are – concern of studies, worries of exams. Today, children’s bags have become much heavier than before. Their subjects have also increased and the pressure of class test, unit test, tuition test etc. is different every month. Due to lack of good grip in any one subject, he constantly becomes weak in it. In such situations, they remain in tension even during exams. All parents want to see their child at first position. For this reason, during studies, due to over-study and not being able to get proper sleep, and such is surrounded.
Harassment is physical as well as mental torture, which can take anyone under stress. Then the children have a very soft mind and they are not able to cope with it. They cannot even control such situation. In such a situation, they start living silently. This type of situation can happen with children anywhere in school or at home. Sometimes parents start beating children. Torture affects others along with own self, and also on others at home, which can take them under stress
Mainly Parents are working and stay busy. Children are most close to their parents. Being with the parents brings them confidence. But nowadays when the parents are working, in such a situation, they are unable to spend time with their children and children find themselves alone and are surrounded by tension.
Which Circumstances raise or arise pernicious situations
Stress in children is also like tension in adults, but their reasons may be different. There is a different kind of environment around children which has a right and wrong effect on them. They can face such situations anywhere at home, school, tuition, play ground etc. At this time, changes in their lives also come very fast. In such a situation, it is difficult to say which thing becomes the reason for such scenarios. Also it impacts the performance of the child and his mind is always depressed.
Fighting with friends – Friendship is a beautiful relationship and what to say about childhood friendship. Any cracks in it can spoil one’s mood. Often people share their talk with friends only. His friends are also very important for children. In such a situation, fighting with friends can bring them to tension.
Stressful atmosphere at home – If there is a grievous atmosphere in the house, it is natural for the child to come oppressively. In today’s changing lifestyle and rapidly growing cities, the credibility of relationships is decreasing and divorce cases are increasing. Due to poor relationship between husband and wife, their children also get affected and pernicious situations are increasing. While Spending more time on gadgets, like TV, computer and mobiles have become a part of most people’s lives and children are also spending more time in them. Because of this their physical activity has decreased. Nowadays children are paying attention in these gadgets compared to sports, which leads them to loneliness somewhere. How to detect tension in children
Symptoms to trace acrimonious situations
- Loss of appetite
- Missing studies
- Stay aloof
- Cry without anything
- Become irritable
- Spend more time alone and keep thinking
- To behave unnecessary angrily with others
- More sudden complaints from school.
To insist If you see any of these symptoms, take them seriously. The thing to keep in mind here is that these symptoms can also be caused by some other disease. Therefore, the parents should be thoroughly examine.
Unique guide to deal and treat pernicious situations
If your child is in tension, find ways to overcome it immediately. As soon as you hear the tension of children, execute these things –
Spend time together
Parents should spend time with their children. Children are the closest to their parents and want to spend some quality time with them. Parents should give them time until the children grow up. let’s be friend – Some parents scold children for minor mistakes. They only impose their decisions without listening to any of their views. This creates a feeling of fear from parents in the minds of children, due to which they are afraid to say their things. Parents also need to be friends of their children so that they share all their things with them. If there is any untoward incident in the school or outside with the child or something that brings him into tension, listen to him patiently and try to understand. In such a situation, scolding children can prove fatal.
Do not put pressure
Parents often try to keep children at the forefront. Due to this expectation, they keep asking the children to come first and again, due to which the child becomes a victim of tension. In such a situation, parents should understand that every human has different abilities. Parents should not put any kind of pressure on children to top the exams, games and other activities. They should encourage children to participate. Then the child loses or wins, he should be convinced that he is with his child in every condition. This brings confidence in the child and he also performs better by being tension free. Do your mind. It is also necessary to give freedom to children, but this does not mean that they are allowed to do anything unnecessarily. Giving freedom to children means that they understand what they want to do in their career and help in giving right direction. Apart from giving the children the right to take some decisions, they start thinking themselves important.
Create a happy atmosphere
If the child is in tension, then the tension can be reduced by making the environment around him happy. First of all, it should be noted that the atmosphere in the house should be cordial. Even if she is still under stress, the parents should look at the atmosphere of school, tuition and other places where the child has to go daily. If something is wrong, take immediate action. Change the routine/If the child is in tension, he should immediately start trying to get him out of that condition. For this, you can pursue him in an activity like dance class, swimming etc. Can take it out to rotate. Changing the routine in this way will divert attention and reduce tension.
Go to psychiatrist. Often people do not go to psychiatrists for tension because they start going madly to psychiatrists. This is a misconception. It is not crazy to consult a psychiatrist. If the tension is not over, take the child to the psychiatrist. Psychiatrists often control the situation through counseling. This counseling is also given to the parents along with the child. This results in rapid improvement in the child. Difference between psychiatrist and psychologist. Often people get confused between psychiatry and psychologists and do not understand who to go under tension conditions. Psychiatrist cures mental illnesses with drugs while psychologist tests counseling, psycho therapy, IQ test, personality test etc. In the event of tension, the cognitive behavior works. Psychiatry or psychologist can also be reached to anyone if there is tension.
Some tips for children
Children should also take care of some things in tension and take measures themselves to come out of it. Keeping these things in mind, children can also beat the tension: -It is very important to talk to someone in the event of tension. If you are also worried about something, then it should be shared with your parents or someone else.- Games bring children out of tension immediately. Children should go out and play physical activity games. If you like swimming, then definitely do it. Games like Chase, Ludo, Carrom etc. prove to be tension buster in indoor games.
In tension, you should stay away from TV and mobile. If you are fond of watching TV then watch programs with comedies. In such a situation, crime and serious programs should be avoided.- If there is tension about studies, then it can be dealt with by making a time table. If you have a fight with a friend, then you should talk to him yourself. All mistakes are forgiven in friendship.- One should sleep early at night and get full sleep.- Under stress, caffeine drinks like tea, coffee, cola etc. should be avoided.- If the tension continues to increase, then the help of a doctor should be sought.
Families on the go travel
Now a days families are part of a highly mobile society. They go out to work, shop and play. Mainly travel on vacations and mainly move every year. Busy parents try to make each trip as enjoyable convenient, and safe as possible for their kids and themselves. Start out with a list of places to go and things to do, and plan the best route to make your trip as efficient as possible. Pile library books, shopping lists and other supplies in a special place near the door where you won’t forget them shopping with a small child or with several children is not an easy task.
Many parents try to shop alone for big grocery orders, and some say they’re able to save sitters fees because of careful comparison shopping they’re able to do without kids along. For older children, though, a trip to the store can be a learning experience in both nutrition and economy.
Selection of the Place
Adults may be able to throw a few things into a bag and dash off, but not when kids are coming along. Traveling with babies six months or younger is fairly easy, since they take long naps and don’t move around much. With older children, you need to plan carefully. Take care of everyone’s priorities. It is known that when you do not earn, it is very difficult for you to put your priorities first. So try to convince others about your favorite places and convince them so that they do not ignore your thoughts.
Human nature has been roaming since the creation. Man has made many journeys from one place to another. His curious mind has been taking him from one place to another. After the wooden wheel was invented, it became slightly more dynamic. He was more comfortable moving from one place to another. He started to travel more distance than before. However, the earlier humans used to move from one place to another to earn a living. His main purpose was to fill his stomach. Tourism is considered to be very important for the development and happiness of human beings, satisfaction and knowledge of peace and knowledge in Indian oriental texts.
Choose accommodation that offers a one- or two-bedroom suite instead of a standard hotel room with two beds. You will pay a little more for this facility, but a good night’s sleep is the main component of a successful family trip. Consider about – If everyone is kept in one room, you will be likely to go to sleep with your children. Now, if it’s been a long journey day and what sleep is, you’re after it, it won’t be an issue. However, if you want to have a drink, read a book, watch a movie, or have a conversation, it is best to book accommodation that will give you and your children separate sleeping areas.
It is hard to travel light with children. Clothing, food and toys take lots of space, but imaginative packing pays off. A backpack and/or umbrella stroller is well worth the space taken up. Older children enjoy selection and packing the things they want to bring. You’ll need to set limits as to types, sizes, and number of toys allowed. While making a note on families on the go travelling, take only what fits in your child’s backpack or suitcase.
- Simplify the project by designing specific lifehacks for specific items. Put children’s clothing on top for easy access if you’re sharing suitcases.
- Pack a few of your baby’s things to make strange surroundings seem more familiar.
- Use a see-through lingerie case with zippered pockets and a hanger for small items for babies and parents. The bag is easily moved and hang, also the contents are visible.
- Pack several large plastic bags. They can be used for soiled laundry and to protect the sheets of the occasional bed-wetter. Or bring a bath hug with rubber backing to lay down on top of a sheet. It rolls up easily for travel.
- Let your baby’s quilt double as a changing pad. Slip it in a pillowcase and tie a ribbon around it for easy transportation.
- Use duffel bags for kid’s clothes and toys. They fit more easily into the car, trunk, or overhead compartment on a plane. A nylon duffel bag can be used for wet or soiled diapers, since it’s washable. It’s is also good for wet clothes and bathing suits.
- Save space by bringing inflatable toys. When not in use, they can be deflated and tucked away.
- Pack disposable diapers in the corner of suitcase to save the space a big bag.
City travel with Kids
- Set your baby’s infant seat in the stroller, if your child isn’t old enough to sit up.
- Use a baby harness or toddler wrist leash if your toddler is tired of the stroller. Embroider it or sew on appliques to make to look more personalized and less like leash.
- Take booster seat in the theater so your older (yet small) child can see the screen without being in your lap. He’ll be more comfortable, too. When the booster seat is outgrown for home use, keep it in your car for spur of the moment movie outings.
- Ride the subway in the front or back of the train so your kids can watch the tracks racing by. Let your kids try to figure out which stop is their so they can learn their way around. Let them sit a few seats away and pretend they’re travelling alone, if they want to. It will make them feel grown-up and they may pay closer attention to the route.
Involving kids for Shopping
- Share a handful box of tops-pants (clothing) for your child and ask to making match. Do ask for color combination with additional accessories. Prepare a grocery list with additional exemplary pictures and follow the list with involvement of your child.
- Due to obstinate or wayward child, While granting permission for major purchase. Keep the money in an envelope at least for a week. If your child still ask after waiting for a week, buy it. Mainly child mind and interest keeps on change quickly, and this helps avoid impulse buying.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to teach your child about nutrition, also with a add-on detailed explanation of item properties along with comparison to similar products.
- When ever you child ask for Junk food or something unhealthy than sometime say no and brief about why not to have as well as harmful during growing age.
- Try to manage caring, concern and emotional bonding, for easy understanding.
Making shopping easier
Get your self dressed first to avoid setting out with an overheated baby or toddler. Keep a few disposable diapers in your glove compartment, just in case. Tuck a packaged towelette and a plastic bag inside each diaper to make cleanup and disposal easier. Keep extra diapers and wipes at grandmas house, too. For unplanned visits hook some large safety pins on your key chain, you might need them for diapers or quick clothing pinup.
Change your baby on a blanket in the open trunk or hatchback of a car, or on the tailgate of station wagon or SUV, instead of couching uncomfortably in the back seat. Use an adults belt or an elastic stretch belt as a shopping cart safety, if the cart doesn’t have one. If your baby is too small to sit in the grocery cart, try sitting him in one of the little carry-along shopping basket provided. Set the basket in the child seat of the shopping cart. Try to choose a cart with a special baby seat. Keep your baby in an infant seat placed inside the cart.
Keep a restless older child entertainer with a long strip of transparent tape on his finger. If you don’t have any in your purse, ask a store worker or cashier for a piece, carry small toys or a pacifier in your purse or pocket, and attach them securely to the shopping cart with shower contain ring or a short piece of yarn or elastic. (Make sure the yarn or elastic isn’t long enough to fit around your baby’s neck.) Attach rattles and other small to stroller handles and car seats same way. Try this on the highchair too. So your baby can play with toys. Stuffed animals can wear cheap cat collars with yarn leashes.
Cover your shopping cart handle with a two-foot length of plastic tubing or a shower rod cover to protect your teething infant, or make a Terry cloth handle. Wrap with velcro so you don’t have to worry about germs. Give your kids something to eat, since the of food sometimes begets a desire for it. Bring a snack or lunch, or buy something nutritious at the store. Avoid the ”Can I have this?” question by giving your child one dollar to spend. Deciding what to buy will keep him occupied. Invest in a fold-up potty seat adapter for a toilet-trained (or almost toilet-trained) child. It turns any adult toilet into a comfortable toilet for a child.
Travelling stag, we rarely had reservations in advance. Part of the adventure is coming without a plan and allowing the moment to guide you, right? The concern with this travel style is that when you have children, you have to consider their threshold to be uncomfortable. Do favor for yourself and your children. So, Make hotel and transportation reservations timely to avoid unnecessary hassle. Walking the streets for hours looking for a hotel room or waiting an extra six hours at a train station is not the best time, let alone when you add a queer child to the situation. Not pretty, Do not assume that a crib or high chair will be available in the rental of your hotel or apartment. Call ahead to confirm availability, even if the hotel website states that it has cribs on hand (they may be used by another guest during they stay)
Tackle siblings enmity and jealousy
While focusing about child enmity and jealousy, parents need to be concern about child’s emotions and feelings. It’s impossible to make child stop feeling emotions like jealousy and need to win. Knowing that there are times when you dislike someone your love is realistic and a healthy. It’s usually best to let children work things out themselves since most fighting is done to proud parents into doing some thing of course, there are times when you must interfere for safety’s sake or when you just can’t stand any more fighting.
Changing the pace
- Suggest a new activity when your kids are squabbling a lot boredom often leads to quarrels.
- Try distractions when you see that an older child is getting frustrated with a young one. Say, “Quick, l need you! Please come help me. “
- Spray glass cleaner on the inside and outside of a stumbling glass door or a ground level window. Place your fighting children on opposite sides, and give each one a dry cloth. By the time the glass is dry, the kids will be laughing.
- End a verbal argument by having your kids sing their complaints to each other.
- Ask your kids ideas to solve the problem. Let them think of special ways they can accommodate each other. Even if their ideas don’t ultimately work, your kids will be trying to resolve their differences.
- Get out the camera and take a pretend (or actual) photo of your kids “fighting,” to diffuse the situation. Then take picture of them hugging. Let them mug for another photo, if they want to.
- Get up and leave the house, if you can, or at least consider the bathroom as a refuge. Like temper tantrums, fighting often stops when there’s no audience.
- Send each quarreling child to a different corner of the room, and have them sit facing each other. Tell them they must speak calmly and stay put until they give each other permission to leave. Negotiations usually lead to peace.
- Have quarreling children mention five nice qualities about each other. Mutual compliments often end the war.
- Remove the object of disagreement, or separate your children. Not being allowed to play together (or with the dispute toy) may motivate them to resolve their differences.
Fair is fair
- Don’t label a child “selfish” or show disapproval over unwillingness to share. Make a point of sharing yourself, and make sure about your children observant and noticed the same.
- Make sure your children have right to their own things. It’s hard for them to share if they’re not secure and guilt free about ownership. Allow them not to share certain things, if they wish.
- Let one child cut the cake or divide the treat, and let the other child get first pick, if they are fighting about fairness.
- Tell your child who doesn’t want to share, “when you’re finished playing with the toy, your sister (or brother) may have it.” This lets your child know someone’s waiting, but eliminates the distress of giving up the toys.
- Set a timer to ring when it’s time to exchange toys
- Assign each child a special day or days (like Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) when the child can make certain decisions, select menus, be first at something and so on.
- Play the “stone game .”put a small stone in one hand, the child who picks the correct hand gets first choice.
- Avoid fights over similar objects such as pails , shovels, and balls by assigning a color to each child and buying those items in the assigned color.
The only way to tackle siblings enmity and jealousy is to have only one child a certain amount of jealousy and squabbling is normal between siblings.