About New born baby (infant) care
Don’t worry if you don’t feel overwhelming love for your infant immediately. It often takes time, perhaps months, for real parental love to develop. Relax and enjoy the developing bond between you and your baby. Despite the newness of caring for your first baby, it won’t take you long to become an old hand at baby care. Babies don’t arrive with attached instructions, but they do express their needs loud and clear.
Luckily, they don’t realize that everything you do is just as new for you as it is for them. Having a baby is like entering a long tunnel. You can’t see the end and you wonder what you’ve gotten yourself into. You emerge five years later having had less sleep than you might have wished, but thinking it wasn’t that tough after all.
The difficult days become difficult to remember. The relationship between mother and child is priceless. No one can know this relationship better than mother. Initially, baby should be taken care very carefully. When the child cries, general prediction is that he is suffering from something, but it isn’t so. While taking care of your newborn baby, pay special attention to few things as –
- Baby’s cry
- Massage of the child
- Feeding the baby
- Bathing the baby
- Hygienically cleaning baby clothes
- Health and safety
- Breastfeeding the baby
- Baby skin care essentials
Adjusting to life with new born
- Turn the telephone ringer off when you don’t want to hear it, or disconnect the phone if it doesn’t have a ringer switch.
- Use paper plates and cups to minimize housework, or have your helpers do the dishes. This is not the time to prove you can do it all and that nothing has changed.
- Put an extension phone in your baby’s room, or carry a cordless phone while taking care of your child.
- Buy or make a “Do Not Disturb” sign, and hang it on your front door whenever. Or create a personalized sign such as “Ssssh! Baby and Mommy are Resting!”
- To avoid answering the phone when you don’t want to, record the details of your baby’s birth on your telephone answering machine or voice messaging service. You may wish to add the best time to call. (You should be sleeping when your baby is.)
- Get support from friends and relatives who’ve had babies, or become involved in community parent groups.
- Make an effort to create “parents only” time each day (a late dinner after your baby goes to bed, a walk around the block while a friend or relative watches your baby, a five-minute telephone call during the day, and so on).
Newborn baby care after birth
Immediately after the birth of your baby, first consult the feeding expert and understand how to feed the newborn. Elderly people can also help you on what to take care of while breastfeeding. Keep the newborn away from more people as there is a risk of infection. When touching a newborn baby, make sure that hands should be always clean because the immune system of the young child is very weak. Holding the baby with dirty hands may be infectious.
Do not move your baby too hard, it can cause brain bleeding. If you need to wake the baby up, do not shake. While caring for a newborn baby, remember to keep the baby close to mother because baby gets heat from the mother’s body. During New Born Baby Care Tips, keep in mind that the baby should not be fed water in the first 6 months. It is a misconception among people that children feel thirsty even after breastfeeding.
The infant should be fed breast milk within the half hour of birth. The mother’s first yellow milk, called colostrum, gives the baby the power to fight many diseases. For six months after birth, mother’s milk is the only food for the baby. Breastfed babies develop well for the first six months. They are protected from infection. In addition to mother’s milk, children above six months should also be fed upper diet. Immediately after birth, the infant should be given polio medication along with BCG and hepatitis vaccine.
1 year baby care tips
All newborns should be massaged with baby massage oil. This strengthens the baby’s muscles and bones. While massaging, keep in mind that massage with light hands only. The first few weeks after the birth of the baby, they should be well wrapped in cloth. Swallowing is called wrapping your baby in a cloth. Swaddling provides warmth, protection and comfort to newborns.
First of all, spread a thick towel and fold one corner slightly upwards.
After that lay the baby’s head on the folded part. Then fold the cloth on both sides and wrap the child.
Tuck the bottom cloth directly into the straightness of the baby’s mouth by folding it comfortably. (See third and fourth photos)
Remember do not tie the clothes too tight as it will make it difficult for the baby’s legs to stretch.
While discussing about – New born Baby (infant) Care – as follows the birth of a baby, it’s important to remember that everyone has adjustments to make. If it’s your first child, you’ll have new rules to try out if you have another children, than caring seems little easy. Along with the excitement and pride, stress and fatigue also begins. You’re apt to demand a great deal of yourself, which can take its toll on those around you. Take care of your personal needs so you can help others take care of theirs. Be especially good to your partner during this time, and put off your big decisions, if possible.
Baby care tips for new moms
- After bathing, gently dab the tender area with a soft towel, or use a hair dryer.
- Get a robe that buttons all the way down the front. It’ll be easier to get in to and out of than one that opens only part way down.
- Protect your incision while nursing by putting a regular pillow or a C-shaped pillow in your lap, or by putting your arm underneath your baby and holding baby’s head at your breast.
- Stay in bed as much as you can. Keep your baby in a bassinet or crib near your bed, and keep a good supply of diapers and baby clothes nearby.
- Try making a play pen of your bed if you must care for a toddler, too. Keep plenty of toys and books within reach.
Abdominal pain and hard stomach after C-section
- Don’t vacuum for a couple of months. The movements involved are hard on abdominal muscles. (It’s a good job for a father, partner or other family member.)
- Many mothers claim that rocking in a chair an hour more each day relieves abdominal discomfort and intestinal gas.
- Avoid bending down when dressing or changing your baby. Use an elevated changing table instead of a bed or other lower surface.
- Use your foot as a lever to raise your toddler off the floor when you’re in a chair or bed, instead of learning down to pick your child up.
- Avoid holding your baby in one arm while doing things around the house, until your muscles are stronger if your baby is fussy and wants attention, consider a mechanical baby swing.
Postnatal health education for mothers
- Get a robe that buttons all the way down front. It’ll be easier to get in to and out of than one that opens only part way down the front. It’ll be easier to get in to and out of than one that opens only part way down.
- Wear comfortable, protective underwear to keep lose clothing from rubbing against your incision, unless loose clothing alone is not irritating.
- After bathing, gently dab the tender area with a soft towel, or use a hair dryer.
- Protect your incision while nursing by putting a regular pillow or a C-shaped pillow in your lap, or by putting your arm underneath your baby and holding her head at your breast.
- try making a playpen of your bed if you must care for a toddler, too. Keep plenty of toys and books within reach.
Keyword – new born baby care, newborn baby care 1st month, newborn baby care after birth, newborn care, newborn care after delivery, newborn cord care, newborn umbilical cord, newborn umbilical cord care, pampers premium care newborn, taking care of a newborn
23 thoughts on “New born baby (infant) care”
I just want to say I’m very new to blogs and absolutely liked this blog site. Probably I’m planning to bookmark your blog . You actually come with beneficial well written articles. Thank you for revealing your webpage.
I just want to tell you that I am newbie to weblog and actually savored your web site. Likely I’m likely to bookmark your site . You amazingly have excellent articles. Thanks for revealing your webpage.
Hey very nice site!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. Valentina Mozes Noemi
I like this post, enjoyed this one appreciate it for posting . Kalli Field Zakarias
Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this article and the rest of the site is extremely good. Tybi Fremont Tannenbaum
I really enjoy the blog post. Much thanks again. Cool. Val Morley Schuster
Wow! In the end I got a web site from where I can truly obtain valuable data concerning my study and knowledge. Loren Galvan Goodyear
Perfect piece of work you have done, this internet site is really cool with superb info . Keslie Robbert Weslee
One of our guests not too long ago encouraged the following website. Rosita Allen Goldi
Hello, I enjoy reading all of your post. I like to write a little comment to support you. Suzanne Murdoch Ezekiel
This is one awesome blog article. Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic. Joleen Ezechiel Broderick
There is definately a lot to learn about this subject. I like all of the points you made. Wilhelmine Silvain Salangi
I just like the helpful info you supply in your articles. Phillis Free Cohbath
I think the admin of this site is in fact working hard for his web page, for the reason that here every stuff is quality based data. Anna-Diane Vergil Cohbath