What’s a good age to give your kids a phone? or When should children get a phone.
There is no “one size fits all” answer to this question, as the best age to give your kids a phone will vary depending on individual factors such as your child’s maturity level, responsibility, and need for a phone.
The decision of when to give a child a phone depends on various factors and should be made thoughtfully by considering the child’s maturity level, needs, and the family’s circumstances. Here are some general guidelines to consider:
- Age and Maturity: There is no specific age that universally applies to all children. Some kids might be responsible enough to handle a phone at an earlier age, while others may not be ready until they are older. Generally, most experts suggest that children under the age of 10 might not be emotionally and mentally prepared for a phone.
- Necessity: Consider whether the child actually needs a phone. For some families, a phone may be necessary for safety reasons, like when the child needs to contact parents after school or during emergencies.
- Responsibility: Ensure that your child is responsible enough to handle a phone. Can they follow rules and understand the consequences of misusing it? Will they take care of it and not lose or break it easily?
- Supervision: Younger children may require more supervision while using a phone. Consider setting up parental controls and monitoring their online activities.
- Social Interaction: If your child’s peer group frequently uses phones for communication, you might consider giving them a phone to stay connected with friends.
- Education and Productivity: For older children and teenagers, a phone can be a useful tool for educational purposes and productivity.
- Set Rules and Limits: Establish clear rules about phone usage, like screen time limits and no phones during meals or at bedtime.
- Smartphone vs. Basic Phone: If the main purpose is for communication and safety, a basic phone without internet access might be a suitable option for younger children.
- Family Values: Consider your family’s values and how phone usage aligns with them.
- Discuss the Responsibility: Have a conversation with your child about the responsibilities and expectations that come with having a phone.
Remember, every child is different, and what works for one family may not work for another. Take time to assess your child’s readiness and have open discussions with them about the decision. If you’re unsure, it’s always a good idea to consult with other parents or pediatricians to get different perspectives and insights
However, many experts recommend waiting until your child is at least 10 or 11 years old before giving them a smartphone. This is because smartphones can be addictive and can expose kids to inappropriate content, cyberbullying, and other risks.
If you do decide to give your child a phone before they are 10 or 11, it is important to set clear rules and expectations about how they will use it. You should also monitor their phone usage regularly to make sure they are not being exposed to anything harmful.
Ultimately, the decision of when to give your child a phone is up to you. But by considering all of the factors involved, you can make the best decision for your family.
Here are some additional tips for – When should children get a phone :-
- Choose the right type of phone: If you are concerned about your child’s screen time or exposure to inappropriate content, you may want to consider getting them a basic phone that does not have internet access.
- Set clear rules and expectations: Talk to your child about how they will be expected to use their phone, and establish rules about things like screen time, app usage, and cyberbullying.
- Monitor their phone usage: Keep an eye on your child’s phone usage to make sure they are following the rules you have set.
- Talk to them about online safety: Teach your child about online safety, including things like cyberbullying, sexting, and online predators.
- Be a role model: Show your child how to use their phone in a responsible way. This includes setting a good example about screen time and app usage.
Advantages Why kids should have phones
As you know, a smartphone is a gateway to inappropriate content and a lot of the scary stuff associated with the web. But with the use of the device having strong controls by the parents, it has its benefits as well. Some of the benefits of having a phone for kids include.
Tracking them is easy – One of the cool things about smartphones is that they come with GPS apps or software. These solutions help parents keep track of their kids’ activities. In fact, 30% of parents say they use a smartphone to track their children’s location. If children are lost or in a dangerous situation, these apps can also help them find their way back home.
Helps to keep pace with technology – Kids need to be tech-savvy to be successful in school and the jobs of the future. Giving them a smartphone at an early age helps them interact with technology on a regular basis. It makes them comfortable with technology and gives them the skills they need to excel even as technology advances.
Helps create lasting memories – Smartphones come with powerful front and rear cameras. These devices give children the opportunity to take pictures of things, which creates beautiful memories. Especially, when the child is on a vacation with other family members, he will capture every moment in pictures and keep them forever.
Help them in their education – Smartphones aren’t just for entertainment or for kids to communicate with parents and connect with friends. They are also beneficial educationally. In fact, 50% of parents give their children a smartphone to help them with education. If kids are learning from home, for example during today’s pandemic, they can download some of the best educational apps for kids. With these apps, kids can start learning a new language, improve their math skills, and much more.
Disadvantages of exposing children to phones too early
Parents give smartphones to their kids for different reasons. While some believe that smartphones are a necessity for children to stay in touch with others, others see it as a way to keep children entertained. In addition, some parents want to help children stay in touch with their friends. Interestingly, 40% of parents give their children a smartphone to enjoy peace.
Whatever be the need, parents should ensure that they give smartphones to their kids at the right age. This is because exposing the child to phones too early is not good for the growth and development of the child. Some of the dangers of letting a child use a phone too early include.
Alters brain development – Mostly, children aged 8 to 12 spend an average of 4 – 6 hours a day on screens, 30% of time is spent on mobile gaming. Too much time spent on digital screens can affect a child’s brain development. For starters, extended screen time can physically change the brain. This results in premature thinning of the cortex, leading to diminished cognitive skills.
Inhibits social skill development – If a child spends more time on a smartphone than interacting with humans, their social skill development will be impaired. It can also put a halt to the development of critical thinking, impulse control and problem-solving skills.
Introduces kids to the dark world of the web – Smartphones provide seamless access to the Internet. When children are allowed to use these without supervision they can easily be redirected to inappropriate content without parental knowledge. There is a potential risk of nudity and violence, which may haunt the child later in life. Children may also access sites that promote an excessive reliance on peer verification, leading to cyberbullying that results in children feeling rejected or excluded.
Technology addiction at a young age – Too much screen time can cause excessive arousal and lead to the production of adrenaline dopamine, which makes them highly addictive. Technology addiction leads to depression, anxiety, and thoughts of suicide. Due to this, the concentration of children in the class decreases and family relationships can also be very weak.
When children use mobile devices, it’s essential to establish guidelines to ensure their safety, well-being, and healthy development. Here are some techno guidelines for children using mobile devices. Remember that the guidelines you set may evolve as your child grows and demonstrates increased responsibility. Regularly reassess their mobile device usage and make adjustments as necessary to ensure their well-being and safety in the digital world.
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about when children should get a phone :-
- At what age should I consider getting my child a phone?
- There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as it depends on the child’s maturity, responsibility, and specific family circumstances. Typically, parents consider giving their children a phone between the ages of 11 and 13, but some may wait until they are older.
- What are the signs that my child is ready for a phone?
- Look for signs of responsibility, maturity, and an understanding of the rules and expectations that come with owning a phone. If your child demonstrates good decision-making, follows rules, and can handle responsibilities independently, they might be ready for a phone.
- Should I give my child a smartphone or a basic phone?
- The decision between a smartphone and a basic phone depends on your child’s needs and your comfort level as a parent. A basic phone with calling and texting features may be sufficient for communication needs without the distractions and potential risks of a smartphone.
- How can I ensure my child’s safety while using a phone?
- Set up parental controls and restrictions on the phone to limit access to inappropriate content and apps. Educate your child about internet safety, online privacy, and responsible phone usage. Regularly communicate with your child about their online activities and encourage open discussions about any concerns they may have.
- What are some rules and guidelines I should set for my child’s phone usage?
- Establish clear rules, such as limiting screen time, no phones at the dinner table or during family time, and a “phone curfew” at night. Emphasize the importance of being respectful and kind in their communications, both online and offline.
- How can I monitor my child’s phone usage without invading their privacy?
- Use parental control apps or features provided by the phone’s operating system to monitor and manage your child’s phone activity. Make sure to strike a balance between protecting their safety and respecting their privacy, and let them know that you trust them but still need to ensure their well-being.
- What are some alternatives to giving my child a phone for communication?
- If the primary purpose is communication, consider alternatives like basic feature phones or smartwatches with calling capabilities. These options provide communication functionality without all the features and potential distractions of a smartphone.
- How can I teach my child responsible phone usage?
- Lead by example and demonstrate responsible phone use yourself. Educate your child about the potential risks and consequences of inappropriate phone use, such as cyberbullying or oversharing personal information. Encourage open communication and address any issues or concerns that arise promptly.
Remember that each child is unique, and the decision to give them a phone should be based on their individual readiness and family circumstances. It’s essential to be involved in their phone usage and provide guidance and support as they navigate the digital world.
About Save child from pernicious situations
The circumstances of pernicious situations are very common as per current society. If seen, this notion is eternal. Ever since the process of social development in society has started, Than generally has always been learning and being influenced. Such situations are raised sometimes in schools from classmates, sometimes from neighbors, sometimes from relatives.
Sometimes positive and sometimes negative impact influences changed the children’s mind. It can also be termed as that a multi-faceted social concept of influence’ grows. In the present times, the speed-up lifestyle has become an inevitable direction. Guidance and Counseling is an undeniable part of present day life in bogus.
Although baneful related counseling can be given in any age group, but in children and adolescent students, the graveness of this topic is very important in today’s time. Children, especially teenagers, get influenced by their friends or classmates quite quickly because they do not want to be separated from friends and do not want to make fun of themselves.
So as elaborating about Save child from pernicious situations, The feeling of euthanasia prevails in adolescence. Sometimes, children start getting influenced by friends due to eagerness. Often adolescent children try to please their friends, classmates. Sometimes the peer or classmate influence is positive or sometimes negative. When the child’s classmate friends do well, he also eagerly follows them. Because his friends are doing so.
How to respond appropriately to dangerous situations
Parents Tension is often seen in children as their siblings get more attention. After the birth of the second siblings, the attention of the parents increases on newborn caring and the attention of the first child decreases. He is also given various instructions to go to the newborn child and is punished with a little carelessness. In this way, due to the increased attention and love to the other child, he gets inferiority complex. He feels sad.
Apart from this, there is a competition with siblings. Due to the good performance of one in school, the other child is made to feel inferiority complex. Due to this, terrifying / pernicious situations get raised. Another factors are – concern of studies, worries of exams. Today, children’s bags have become much heavier than before. Their subjects have also increased and the pressure of class test, unit test, tuition test etc. is different every month.
Due to lack of good grip in any one subject, he constantly becomes weak in it. In such situations, they remain in tension even during exams. All parents want to see their child at first position. For this reason, during studies, due to over-study and not being able to get proper sleep, and such is surrounded.
Harassment is physical as well as mental torture, which can take anyone under stress. Then the children have a very soft mind and they are not able to cope with it. They cannot even control such situation. In such a situation, they start living silently. This type of situation can happen with children anywhere in school or at home. Sometimes parents start beating children.
Torture affects others along with own self, and also on others at home, which can take them under stress. Mainly Parents are working and stay busy. Children are most close to their parents. Being with the parents brings them confidence. But nowadays when the parents are working, in such a situation, they are unable to spend time with their children and children find themselves alone and are surrounded by tension.
Symptoms to trace acrimonious situations
- Loss of appetite
- Missing studies
- Stay aloof
- Cry without anything
- Become irritable
- Spend more time alone and keep thinking
- To behave unnecessary angrily with others
- More sudden complaints from school.
To insist If you see any of these symptoms, take them seriously. The thing to keep in mind here is that these symptoms can also be caused by some other disease. Therefore, the parents should be thoroughly examine.
Some tips for children
Children should also take care of some things in tension and take measures themselves to come out of it. Keeping these things in mind, children can also beat the tension: -It is very important to talk to someone in the event of tension. If you are also worried about something, then it should be shared with your parents or someone else.- Games bring children out of tension immediately. Children should go out and play physical activity games. If you like swimming, then definitely do it. Games like Chase, Ludo, Carrom etc. prove to be tension buster in indoor games.
In tension, you should stay away from TV and mobile. If you are fond of watching TV then watch programs with comedies. In such a situation, crime and serious programs should be avoided.- If there is tension about studies, then it can be dealt with by making a time table. If you have a fight with a friend, then you should talk to him yourself. All mistakes are forgiven in friendship.- One should sleep early at night and get full sleep.- Under stress, caffeine drinks like tea, coffee, cola etc. should be avoided.- If the tension continues to increase, then the help of a doctor should be sought.
About Family travelling preventions and precautions
Now a days families are part of a highly mobile society. They go out to work, shop and play. Mainly travel on vacations and moves out for family outings every year. Busy parents try to make each trip as enjoyable, convenient, and safe as possible for their kids and themselves. Start out with a list of places to go and things to do, and plan the best route to make your trip as efficient as possible. Pile library books, shopping lists and other supplies in a special place near the door where you won’t forget them shopping with a small child or with several children is not an easy task.
Many parents try to shop alone for big grocery orders, and some say they’re able to save sitters fees because of careful comparison shopping they’re able to do without kids along. For older children, though, a trip to the store can be a learning experience in terms of nutrition and economy.
About holiday with family
Adults may be able to throw a few things into a bag and dash off, but not when kids are coming along. Traveling while caring of babies six months or younger is fairly easy, since they take long naps and don’t move around much. With older children, you need to plan carefully.
Take care of everyone’s priorities. It is known that when you do not earn, it is very difficult for you to put your priorities first. So try to convince others about your favorite places and convince them so that they do not ignore your thoughts. Human nature has been roaming since the creation. Man has made many journeys from one place to another. His curious mind has been taking him from one place to another.
After the wooden wheel was invented, it became slightly more dynamic. He was more comfortable moving from one place to another. He started to travel more distance than before. However, the earlier humans used to move from one place to another to earn a living. His main purpose was to fill his stomach.
To have a great time and ideas you can also look for “families on the go magazine”. Tourism is considered to be very important for the development and happiness of human beings, satisfaction and knowledge of peace in Indian oriental texts. Choose accommodation that offers a one- or two-bedroom suite instead of a standard hotel room with two beds. You will pay a little more for this facility, but a good night’s sleep is the main component of a successful family trip.
Consider about – If everyone is kept in one room, you will be likely to go to sleep with your children. Now, if it’s been a long journey day and what sleep is, you’re after it, it won’t be an issue. However, if you want to have a drink, read a book, watch a movie, or have a conversation, it is best to book accommodation that will give you and your children separate sleeping areas.
Family and vacation stocks
What to pack for family vacation Checklist
It is hard to travel light with children. Clothing, food and toys take lots of space, but imaginative packing pays off. A backpack and/or umbrella stroller is well worth the space taken up. Older children enjoy selection and packing the things they want to bring. You’ll need to set limits as to types, sizes, and number of toys allowed. While making a note on “Family travelling preventions and precautions” , take only what fits in your child’s backpack or suitcase.
- Simplify the project by designing specific lifehacks for specific items. Put children’s clothing on top for easy access if you’re sharing suitcases.
- Pack a few of your baby’s things to make strange surroundings seem more familiar.
- Use a see-through lingerie case with zippered pockets and a hanger for small items for babies and parents. The bag is easily moved and hang, also the contents are visible.
- Pack several large plastic bags. They can be used for soiled laundry and to protect the sheets of the occasional bed-wetter. Or bring a bath hug with rubber backing to lay down on top of a sheet. It rolls up easily for travel.
- Let your baby’s quilt double as a changing pad. Slip it in a pillowcase and tie a ribbon around it for easy transportation.
- Use duffel bags for kid’s clothes and toys. They fit more easily into the car, trunk, or overhead compartment on a plane. A nylon duffel bag can be used for wet or soiled diapers, since it’s washable. It’s is also good for wet clothes and bathing suits.
- Save space by bringing inflatable toys. When not in use, they can be deflated and tucked away.
- Pack disposable diapers in the corner of suitcase to save the space a big bag.
Family road trip packing list
- Set your baby’s infant seat in the stroller, if your child isn’t old enough to sit up.
- Use a baby harness or toddler wrist leash if your toddler is tired of the stroller. Embroider it or sew on appliques to make to look more personalized and less like leash.
- Take booster seat in the theater so your older (yet small) child can see the screen without being in your lap. He’ll be more comfortable, too. When the booster seat is outgrown for home use, keep it in your car for spur of the moment movie outings.
- Ride the subway in the front or back of the train so your kids can watch the tracks racing by. Let your kids try to figure out which stop is their so they can learn their way around. Let them sit a few seats away and pretend they’re travelling alone, if they want to. It will make them feel grown-up and they may pay closer attention to the route.
Go shopping with kids
- Share a handful box of tops-pants (clothing) for your child and ask to making match. Do ask for color combination with additional accessories. Prepare a grocery list with additional exemplary pictures and follow the list with involvement of your child.
- Due to obstinate or wayward child, While granting permission for major purchase. Keep the money in an envelope at least for a week. If your child still ask after waiting for a week, buy it. Mainly child mind and interest keeps on change quickly, and this helps avoid impulse buying.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to teach your child about nutrition, also with a add-on detailed explanation of item properties along with comparison to similar products.
- When ever you child ask for Junk food or something unhealthy than sometime say no and brief about why not to have as well as harmful during growing age.
- Try to manage caring, concern and emotional bonding, for easy understanding.
Let’s go shopping lesson plan
Get your self dressed first to avoid setting out with an overheated baby or toddler. Keep a few disposable diapers in your glove compartment, just in case. Tuck a packaged towelette and a plastic bag inside each diaper to make cleanup and disposal easier. Keep extra diapers and wipes at grandmas house, too. For unplanned visits hook some large safety pins on your key chain, you might need them for diapers or quick clothing pinup.
Change your baby on a blanket in the open trunk or hatchback of a car, or on the tailgate of station wagon or SUV, instead of couching uncomfortably in the back seat. Use an adults belt or an elastic stretch belt as a shopping cart safety, if the cart doesn’t have one. If your baby is too small to sit in the grocery cart, try sitting him in one of the little carry-along shopping basket provided. Set the basket in the child seat of the shopping cart. Try to choose a cart with a special baby seat. Keep your baby in an infant seat placed inside the cart.
Keep a restless older child entertainer with a long strip of transparent tape on his finger. If you don’t have any in your purse, ask a store worker or cashier for a piece, carry small toys or a pacifier in your purse or pocket, and attach them securely to the shopping cart with shower contain ring or a short piece of yarn or elastic. (Make sure the yarn or elastic isn’t long enough to fit around your baby’s neck.) Attach rattles and other small to stroller handles and car seats same way. Try this on the highchair too. So your baby can play with toys. Stuffed animals can wear cheap cat collars with yarn leashes.
Cover your shopping cart handle with a two-foot length of plastic tubing or a shower rod cover to protect your teething infant, or make a Terry cloth handle. Wrap with Velcro so you don’t have to worry about germs. Give your kids something to eat, since the of food sometimes begets a desire for it. Bring a snack or lunch, or buy something nutritious at the store. Avoid the ”Can I have this?” question by giving your child one dollar to spend. Deciding what to buy will keep him occupied. Invest in a fold-up poo seat adapter for a toilet-trained (or almost toilet-trained) child. It turns any adult toilet into a comfortable toilet for a child.
Make travel packing easier
Travelling stag, we rarely had reservations in advance. Part of the adventure is coming without a plan and allowing the moment to guide you, right? The concern with this travel style is that when you have children, you have to consider their threshold to be uncomfortable. Do favor for yourself and your children.
So, Make hotel and transportation reservations timely to avoid unnecessary hassle. Walking the streets for hours looking for a hotel room or waiting an extra six hours at a train station is not the best time, let alone when you add a queer child to the situation. Not pretty, Do not assume that a crib or high chair will be available in the rental of your hotel or apartment. Call ahead to confirm availability, even if the hotel website states that it has cribs on hand (they may be used by another guest during they stay)
Promote hygiene practices and health education among children
Nutritious food is an important cornerstone of health. Therefore, to meet the needs of the body, the food should have the proper amount of essential nutrients. Nutrient excess and deficiency — both are equally harmful and have long-lasting adverse effects on personal, family, and community health. Thus, it is important to relate the issue effectively and make the community aware of the importance of good health and optimal nutrition.
As Mentioning about Promote hygiene practices and health education among children
Good nutrition, regular physical activity and adequate sleep are essential rules of a healthy life. A holistic approach is needed to promote the concept of optimal nutrition across the nation. The problems of malnutrition, micronutrient deficiency, obesity and non-infectious diseases related to diet are increasing continuously around the world.
I am also sharing few common illness/sickness and initial treatment, which may help to provide initial first-aid. Energy / nutritional imbalance can result in physical and cognitive development, side effects on morbidity mortality as well as multilateral loss of human capacity and thus affect social / economic development. Much depends on Children health education on personal hygiene during childhood and later on adequate satisfaction of our basics or basic needs.
These are physical as well as emotional or psychological. To meet physical needs, as “relieve hunger, thirst, fatigue, lack of sleep, physical pain, exercise, heat or cold and some stresses in the body that should be relieved. “Psychological or emotional needs are also called ‘ego needs’ which must be satisfied to maintain the ‘self esteem and respect’. They are as important as biological needs.
There are two main needs. First of all, we need a sense of security ideas about love and affection for those who are important in life as – our children, friends and our fellow. Everybody need to have a warm and satisfying relationship with other in society. Due to changes with social / economic / industrial lifestyle and development, there has been a tremendous change in the pattern of communicable to non-communicable diseases. In addition, inequality in social justice / equity promotes existing concerns.
Due to various factors, the treatment of these diseases remains inaccessible to the common people and their diagnosis has also often been seen to decrease. In the present case, a shift from a preventive approach to a therapeutic approach is necessary at the individual-level as well as the population-level.
In order to address the health determinants of NCDs (non-communicable diseases), there is a need to create a healthy diet / environment for all regions and it is also the most effective way to meet the challenges. Rituals and it’s effect on child mentality during development is supportive strategy. Furthermore, by adopting a health promotion approach, it is envisaged that it empowers the population to choose well-informed and appropriate health-related options.
Activities for promoting hygiene and sanitation
Time is needed to adopt an effective communication strategy to raise awareness and create greater community engagement using appropriately available health policies as well as locally available resources / new technologies. Research has shown health promotion and nutrition interventions to be highly effective in addressing various social, economic and environmental determinants of health.
It is necessary to use media effectively to create awareness to influence nutrition / health related behavior of the people in mainly countries. The goal of ‘Health and nutrition for all’ is to achieve the highest possible level of good health / well-being and good nutrition. Early childhood care and education should be such that it can meet the needs of children such as safety, food, health care, as well as providing them opportunities for affection, protection, motivation and learning.
High quality early childhood care and education ensures that children can develop their full potential and grow up to become productive human beings. In addition, early childhood care and education programs have become a relevant issue due to factors such as changing family structure from joint family to nuclear family, migration and increasing number of women going out of home and going to work.
It is imperative that mainly take proper care of their children during their early age. This should be done not only for economic reasons but also from the perspective of social justice and human rights, because every child has the right to be properly looked after.
Research on health and hygiene
According to the research paper presented of a state in India is basically a study of the governmental and non-governmental efforts made to make a district open defecation free. Construction of toilets in villages and their continued use was a major challenge, Many innovative experiments were done to overcome this challenge. Through this research and study cleanliness is a social issue to which every section of society and every community is directly and indirectly connected.
There is a direct connection between cleanliness and health. Utilization of unhygienic drinking water, non-proper disposal of human excreta, lack of proper sanitation for the environment, and lack of self and food hygiene have been the main causes of diseases in few states in India. Open defecation is an old practice in rural areas. There is a lack of information about the difference between cleanliness and health among people.
Studies show that 80 percent of diseases are caused by malnutrition. Millions of viruses and bacteria found in feces enter in human body by various means and make them sick. Apart from this, women, elderly and children have to face the most difficulties in the absence of toilets. Groups of females should be constantly encouraged for cleanliness sustainability. Childproofing home and environment is must for healthy child growth.
Incentives to be given to keep monitoring teams active and continue following, Many people stated that it is good effort, which is also supportive in improving the health criteria of below poverty line household, 10 percent people said that it is a normal effort. Efforts made for “open defecation free” The door-to-door contact campaign by paid workers working in schools, an accredited social health activist and other similar women groups was considered by around 76 % of the people as done the most praised effort.
Health education on personal hygiene
The best possibilities to create a such movement, must involves mass media including social media to generate public awareness. The easy and successful strategy of health education system is to show the components of optimum diet.
- An online retailer promoting a healthy diet.
- Online quizzes to raise awareness about appropriate nutrition.
- Training for frontline healthcare officers
- In addition, food and nutrition-related education in the school / college environment encourages children, adolescents, school staff, and communities to develop healthy eating habits and other positive health and optimal nutrition-related behaviors, as well as improve the learning experiences.
According to research which is also in practice, Is important to use a combination of focused educational-strategies that involve the active participation of students, school / college staff, and the wider community. To ensure a defined role of health / nutrition in the national education system, appropriate guidance should be established at the national level to implement a health-oriented, food / nutrition curriculum.
However, the school curriculum should be prioritized according to the local scenario, availability of resources and needs of the people. As per current situation parent also should be aware about – List of Common illness/sickness and initial treatment. Health, food and nutrition education can provide innumerable benefits. Researchers have documented widespread positive effects of intake of micronutrients in obesity prevention. Further as by linking the curriculum to local food cultures, biodiversity, elements of cultural preservation and environmental sustainability can be effectively incorporated into a more integrated approach.
Linking food and nutrition education to school might also helps students and their families experience, also mark it as important parts of the curriculum, such as how to eat diverse nutritious foods, incorporate local food practices / cultures, and develop locally To obtain the use and benefits of food items. Developing nations including India are currently facing serious health-related problems on both ends of the nutrition-spectrum of double burden of malnutrition.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) malnutrition ( kuposhan ) refers to deficiencies, increases, or imbalances in a person’s intake of energy and / or nutrients. On the one hand, millions of people are suffering from non-communicable diseases due to excessive or unbalanced diet and are also facing huge expenses on preventing obesity and treating non-communicable patients (NCDs) related to diet.
On the other hand, many countries are still struggling to feed the population. According to the 2019 Global Hunger Index, India ranks 102nd out of 117 eligible countries. According to Article 47 of the Constitution, it is the duty of the state to improve nutrition level, standard of living and public health.
Keywords – 10 personal hygiene practices, dental education for kids, early childhood nutrition education, food safety and hygiene practices, good hygiene practices, hand hygiene, health education for children, health education for kids, health education for malnutrition child, health education for preschoolers, health education for toddlers, health education for under five, health safety and nutrition in early childhood education, hygiene practices, medical hand washing, nutrition education for children, personal hygiene practices, promote hygiene practices, Promote hygiene practices and health education among children, surgical hand washing
About New born baby (infant) care
Don’t worry if you don’t feel overwhelming love for your infant immediately. It often takes time, perhaps months, for real parental love to develop. Relax and enjoy the developing bond between you and your baby. Despite the newness of caring for your first baby, it won’t take you long to become an old hand at baby care. Babies don’t arrive with attached instructions, but they do express their needs loud and clear.
Luckily, they don’t realize that everything you do is just as new for you as it is for them. Having a baby is like entering a long tunnel. You can’t see the end and you wonder what you’ve gotten yourself into. You emerge five years later having had less sleep than you might have wished, but thinking it wasn’t that tough after all.
The difficult days become difficult to remember. The relationship between mother and child is priceless. No one can know this relationship better than mother. Initially, baby should be taken care very carefully. When the child cries, general prediction is that he is suffering from something, but it isn’t so. While taking care of your newborn baby, pay special attention to few things as –
- Baby’s cry
- Massage of the child
- Feeding the baby
- Bathing the baby
- Hygienically cleaning baby clothes
- Health and safety
- Breastfeeding the baby
- Baby skin care essentials
Adjusting to life with new born
- Turn the telephone ringer off when you don’t want to hear it, or disconnect the phone if it doesn’t have a ringer switch.
- Use paper plates and cups to minimize housework, or have your helpers do the dishes. This is not the time to prove you can do it all and that nothing has changed.
- Put an extension phone in your baby’s room, or carry a cordless phone while taking care of your child.
- Buy or make a “Do Not Disturb” sign, and hang it on your front door whenever. Or create a personalized sign such as “Ssssh! Baby and Mommy are Resting!”
- To avoid answering the phone when you don’t want to, record the details of your baby’s birth on your telephone answering machine or voice messaging service. You may wish to add the best time to call. (You should be sleeping when your baby is.)
- Get support from friends and relatives who’ve had babies, or become involved in community parent groups.
- Make an effort to create “parents only” time each day (a late dinner after your baby goes to bed, a walk around the block while a friend or relative watches your baby, a five-minute telephone call during the day, and so on).
Newborn baby care after birth
Immediately after the birth of your baby, first consult the feeding expert and understand how to feed the newborn. Elderly people can also help you on what to take care of while breastfeeding. Keep the newborn away from more people as there is a risk of infection. When touching a newborn baby, make sure that hands should be always clean because the immune system of the young child is very weak. Holding the baby with dirty hands may be infectious.
Do not move your baby too hard, it can cause brain bleeding. If you need to wake the baby up, do not shake. While caring for a newborn baby, remember to keep the baby close to mother because baby gets heat from the mother’s body. During New Born Baby Care Tips, keep in mind that the baby should not be fed water in the first 6 months. It is a misconception among people that children feel thirsty even after breastfeeding.
The infant should be fed breast milk within the half hour of birth. The mother’s first yellow milk, called colostrum, gives the baby the power to fight many diseases. For six months after birth, mother’s milk is the only food for the baby. Breastfed babies develop well for the first six months. They are protected from infection. In addition to mother’s milk, children above six months should also be fed upper diet. Immediately after birth, the infant should be given polio medication along with BCG and hepatitis vaccine.
1 year baby care tips
All newborns should be massaged with baby massage oil. This strengthens the baby’s muscles and bones. While massaging, keep in mind that massage with light hands only. The first few weeks after the birth of the baby, they should be well wrapped in cloth. Swallowing is called wrapping your baby in a cloth. Swaddling provides warmth, protection and comfort to newborns.
> First of all, spread a thick towel and fold one corner slightly upwards.
> After that lay the baby’s head on the folded part. Then fold the cloth on both sides and wrap the child.
> Tuck the bottom cloth directly into the straightness of the baby’s mouth by folding it comfortably.
Remember do not tie the clothes too tight as it will make it difficult for the baby’s legs to stretch.
While discussing about – New born Baby (infant) Care – as follows the birth of a baby, it’s important to remember that everyone has adjustments to make. If it’s your first child, you’ll have new rules to try out if you have another children, than caring seems little easy. Along with the excitement and pride, stress and fatigue also begins. You’re apt to demand a great deal of yourself, which can take its toll on those around you. Take care of your personal needs so you can help others take care of theirs. Be especially good to your partner during this time, and put off your big decisions, if possible.
Baby care tips for new moms
- After bathing, gently dab the tender area with a soft towel, or use a hair dryer.
- Get a robe that buttons all the way down the front. It’ll be easier to get in to and out of than one that opens only part way down.
- Protect your incision while nursing by putting a regular pillow or a C-shaped pillow in your lap, or by putting your arm underneath your baby and holding baby’s head at your breast.
- Stay in bed as much as you can. Keep your baby in a bassinet or crib near your bed, and keep a good supply of diapers and baby clothes nearby.
- Try making a play pen of your bed if you must care for a toddler, too. Keep plenty of toys and books within reach.
Abdominal pain and hard stomach after C-section
- Don’t vacuum for a couple of months. The movements involved are hard on abdominal muscles. (It’s a good job for a father, partner or other family member.)
- Many mothers claim that rocking in a chair an hour more each day relieves abdominal discomfort and intestinal gas.
- Avoid bending down when dressing or changing your baby. Use an elevated changing table instead of a bed or other lower surface.
- Use your foot as a lever to raise your toddler off the floor when you’re in a chair or bed, instead of learning down to pick your child up.
- Avoid holding your baby in one arm while doing things around the house, until your muscles are stronger if your baby is fussy and wants attention, consider a mechanical baby swing.
Postnatal health education for mothers
- Get a robe that buttons all the way down front. It’ll be easier to get in to and out of than one that opens only part way down the front. It’ll be easier to get in to and out of than one that opens only part way down.
- Wear comfortable, protective underwear to keep lose clothing from rubbing against your incision, unless loose clothing alone is not irritating.
- After bathing, gently dab the tender area with a soft towel, or use a hair dryer.
- Protect your incision while nursing by putting a regular pillow or a C-shaped pillow in your lap, or by putting your arm underneath your baby and holding her head at your breast.
- try making a playpen of your bed if you must care for a toddler, too. Keep plenty of toys and books within reach.
Keyword – new born baby care, newborn baby care 1st month, newborn baby care after birth, newborn care, newborn care after delivery, newborn cord care, newborn umbilical cord, newborn umbilical cord care, pampers premium care newborn, taking care of a newborn