Rituals and it’s effect on child mentality during development
As I born and brought up in India and belongs to Hindu religious family, So I am mostly aware about the rituals, festivals, perceptions, ways of celebrations, traditions etc of my own religion. While explaining about Rituals and it’s effect on child mental capacity, I am referring towards my own rituals as exemplary. Readers may applied with their own religions. It may vary country to country and religions as well. Child will able to understand and follow as per their parental faith as well as followings. This includes the morality and ethics of life. It helps in carving out a great personality. Listed article is all about the norms and values for perfect and proper up-bringing.
Everyone is aware of the vastness of (Hinduism) Sanatan Dharma, one of the oldest religions of the world. Hinduism is a large set of different religions and beliefs that have been in place since ancient times. Whatever rules have been made for the life of a person in this religion. It also have a scientific basis. Like life is divided into four phrases. It is considered mandatory for a person to follow 16 types of rites. The credit for making these rules of life creates a special bonding in relations. From the birth of man till death, sixteen sacraments have been made and followed accordingly.
Kinds of rituals with moral Values
While defining the sacrament (Sanskar – multiplication of virtues and division of personality) , it’s a big bond of qualities. Correcting, removing defects and errors, generating positive thoughts in the mind, purifying oneself, enrichment, culture, courtesy, custom, religious acts, etc. are all part of the ritual. It is the consciousness of any religion, which teaches the living behaviours, those who believe in that religion. Rites are the hallmark of our religious and social life. There is a provision of 16 rites for Hindus. It is believed that following them increases the life living qualities. However, the number of rites is also different in different scriptures. Mystics have done research to make us cultured and social and then compiled the rules after seeing the results. Sixteen rites of Hinduism have also been recognised by physicians and scientists associated with social science and psychology.
Initially from the beginning, first rite is conception. This is the first rite of human life to attain worthy, quality and ideal children. It has been called the conception ceremony. After entering the household life, this rite has been recognised as the first duty. Parents desiring the best progeny should perform this ritual for their purity of body and mind for conception. Under this, before the birth of the child, the man and woman should measure their health and mental state. According to the rules, date, constellation etc., pregnancy should be done. So that the baby can be healthy.
Next Rite Pumsavan (quickening the fetus) Under this, it is kept in mind that on getting pregnant, an efforts done to prepare the future mother’s diet, ethics, behaviour, thinking, emotion, all good as well as properly balanced. Like good food, positive atmosphere, family blessings, etc. are very important. If the environment of the family is not positive after the birth of the baby, then it makes a difference on the mental development of the new life to come. Therefore, it is compulsory to have spiritual worship recitations, discourses, deeds etc. It is said that a pregnant woman should meditate on sacred texts like Gita, Ramayana (epics of ancient India) daily. With this, the thought system of the baby also develops very well.
The Third sacrament is – demarcation. This ritual is an extension of Pusvan. It literally means “marginal” meaning “hair and elevation” means “elevating”. This rite is performed in the sixth or eighth month of pregnancy. This is a kind of purification process of the womb. During this time the brain and heart of the child is developing. If the mother lives in an environment where good qualities, temperament and deeds are done, then it definitely has a positive effect on the brain formation of the baby. Referring to the epic of hinduism, It is said that the devotees used to teach Prabhalda’s mother Kayadhu to Devarshi Narada Bhagavad Bhakti. Prahlada had worn it while listening in the womb itself. Similarly, Yasaputra Shukdev had acquired all the knowledge in his mother’s womb.
Fourth sacrament can be said as caste work. After birth, there is a law to perform this rite before a newborn baby’s placenta (ie, cutting-up the placenta). For this, a mixture of two drops of desi-ghee (homemade butter) and six drops of honey is prepared. Which is chopped with the articulation of poetic hymns of their religions. After this, the mother breastfeeds the child. This entire process takes about 30 minutes. Scientists also believe that within 30 minutes of the birth of the child, She should be fed breast milk. Whereas, this rule has been written centuries ago.
Further the fifth Rite is better termed as – Nomenclature. It is a psychological fact that human beings are called by the name. It has a small feeling of the same kind. That is, the name has an effect on its nature. This is why people change their names when problems arise in life. So that, the negative impact can be reduced. Keeping this fact in mind, Muni (holy man ) do a naming ceremony. In which it is decided that the child’s qualitative names should be kept. The advantage of having a name according to the constellations or zodiac signs is that it helps to make a horoscope. Usually this rite is performed on the tenth day of birth. Prevention of purification of birth is also done on the same day.
Now while writing about the sixth Sacrament, as exodus which termed as eject. Even after the baby’s name is kept, it is kept with the mother for a few days. It includes the process of showing the light of the sun and moon to the newborn. Science also accepts that if the cold sunlight in the morning and the cool shadow of the moon falls on the newborn in the evening, then he is safe from serious diseases like jaundice, typhoid. Whereas, the logic of its first sages is to formulate a hypothesis to make the baby bright and polite. There is a way to perform this ritual in the fourth month of birth. For three months, the baby’s body is not suited to the external environment like strong sun, strong wind etc. In the fourth month, he is brought to the external environment and then gradually he becomes his primal.
Next is the seventh sacrament is of feeding with food ( Annaprashan ), In this rite, the child is feed with food items. Initially infant gets growth only by mothers milk. In the sixth month from birth, his Annaprashan is performed. In which food is to be kept in a silver bowl or plate. Generally feed with kheer (combination of rice and milk combinedly cooked and added sugar. When hot milk pudding is poured into the silver bowl, silver nutrients are added to it. Which are necessary to make the body strong.
Eighth Sacrament is performed as removal of hair’s ( Mundan ). It is specified as a law to perform this ritual in the first, third or fifth year of a child. The concern is to remove the unholy hair produced at birth and make the child sharp. During nine months of pregnancy, hair gets contaminated. Since the skin of the head is very soft at first, the hair can’t be removed. As soon as the baby reaches the age of one year or more, skin becomes little stronger. Many defects are eliminated by this ceremony. This ritual is performed with full chant. In which the day, date and time have special significance.
The Ninth sacrament is about ear-piercing. It isn’t only mandatory for daughters but also for sons. In scientific language it is called acupuncture. According to which acupuncture calms a person’s mind and helps in keeping heart rate normal. Whereas according to religious fact, diseases are removed and hearing power also increases.
While adding the tenth Sacrament of scholar, alumnus or student life. In the ancient times, when there was a tradition of residential school (Gurukul), the child was made aware of the letters in the house before sending them for schooling. Even today, on the day of Basant Panchami (festival that marks the preparation for the arrival of spring), the first letter is written by the child. As a popular belief, goddess Saraswati, who is said to be the deity of learning, music and art was born on this day and people worship her to achieve wisdom. It begin in the auspicious time and after that the child starts further studies.
Eleventh Sacrament is refer to the sacred cord ceremony or thread ceremony (upanayan). An initiation ceremony undergone by hindu boys over the age of seven, marking the start of their formal education. It can be defined as the ceremony of submission of the responsibility of the boy towards the teachers, who are considered as a holy performance. In this, the boy is worn with a thread. The sacred thread made of yarn that the particular wears above the left shoulder and below the right arm.
The next Rite numbered twelfths is can be defined as starting of knowledge ( Vedarambha ). it includes, about given knowledge of ( Vedas ) basics scriptures of hinduism. However, in today’s scenario it is almost over but some families have kept this tradition alive. It is very important to develop the child intellectually as well as mentally. It also helps in elaborating about the practical and spiritual progress is recognised. If the child is not aware of the Vedas in the skill, then it is the responsibility of the family to inform and teach about religion, culture, ethics, values etc. In the ancient times, before Vedarambha, Acharya used to promise about disciples and observe Brahmacharya fast, while living a moderate life. Also, after giving examination, they still used to study. During, this phrase, each student masters their own branch of knowledge in accordance to their lineage.
Thirteenth Rite is inclusive of cutting hairs ( Keshant )
This ritual was performed in front of teacher ( Acharya ) after completing Vedhyayana in Gurukul. However, now that the gurukul is not there, the importance of this ritual is going away. This sanskar is an undertaking to bid farewell to the Gurukul and enter the householder’s labor. In this, the hair is made for the first time, and after bathing becomes pure.
Fourteenth Rite is all about Inclusion. This means that the end of studentship and returning to home ( Brahmachari ) after psychologically preparation for the struggles of life. It involves a ritual sacrificial bath ( kind of bath which marks the end of long observance of bachelor ) . When the bath is performed after removal of hair’s, it comes under the ritual which is performed by the family to mark a person graduated and entering toward the new world of profession ( Samvartan Sanskar ). This bath was held with special meditative repetition of divine name. With this, the child gets permission to go to the marriage ceremony.
Fifteenth Rite is about to getting Married. After following all the above stated rites, they gets the right to start a family life by getting married. After the study, when the youth has the ability and maturity to carry out the social tradition. Only then it is made part of the responsibility of the family. In the specified culture, observing the fasting as bachelor for about the period of approx 25 years long is said to be mandatory. There are different types of marriages mentioned in scriptures
The final Sixteenth Rite is about Cremation. It is customary to burn his dead body in funeral pyre after the death of someone. This process is called the funeral procession or funeral rites. According to Hinduism, only the son has the right to offer fire to the father and mother. However, now social change is begin and daughters are also performing the last rites. Under the last rites, it is mandatory to do different deeds for few days.
Quick note and popular phrases of Ramayana with inclusive of few rites as mention ahead in this article.
Before splending ahead, I heartily welcome, and greet – The Prime Minister of India (name of a country), Shri Narendra Modi ji, The revered Sarsanghchalak of the Union, Shri Mohan Bhagwat ji, The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, India, Yogi Aaditya Nath ji, etc. Who has come to perform the Bhumi Pujan for the construction of Shri Ram Temple, a symbol of the faith of the countrymen in Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Ayodhya. I also congratulate all the noblemen, who have come to witness of this historic moment.
Shri Ram ji ( God ) isn’t of any particular community (dharma) or religion. Millions people fought and lost their lives for the Ram Ji’s temple for the last 500 years to till date, crores of crore non-political Hindus all over the world are also giving their contribution to build this temple. And are waiting with full heart for its creation, which many people from generations been dreaming from many years long.
The temple of Lord Rama will built-up in Ayodha ( name of Place in India ) This temple is being built of Hindu identity which was being trampled for hundreds of years, of Hindu self-respect. Which was constantly being hurt, the dignity and pride of liberal Hindus. Who were brutally crushed by the terrorists. This temple is a symbol of Hindu renaissance, a proclamation of Hindu revival. It also indicates the resurrection of Hindu self-confidence. The ancient setting is the confirmation of the rise of Hindu civilisation. This temple is a tribute to millions of Hindu-Sikh-Jain-Buddhist sacrifices. This temple is of the Supreme Father Goddess Shri Rama who existed in the heart of every Hindu and their belief.
Goddess Shri Ram ji an unborn, eternal, divine nature, Brahman, the whole world is their temple, they are seated everywhere, in the moon, stars, sun, earth, sky, space, animal, beings, flowers, leaves and particles in the world. They are all over Ayodhya and other temples. Lord Rama achieved success by controlling the situation even in odd circumstances, he always followed the Vedas and Maryada. They supported justice and truth by compromising their own happiness. As mentioning further about the qualities of Lord Rama that made his life successful and those qualities of Shri Rama that made him be called Maryada Purushottam.
Tolerant and patience are the main qualities of Lord Rama. Despite being the king of Ayodhya, Shri Ram spread his life like a monk. This shows his tolerance. Lord Rama always as kind hearted. He took pity on everyone under his patronage. He empowered everyone to lead. Giving the kingdom to Sugriva is a reflection of his compassionate nature. Lord Rama always spreaded equality among every caste as well as every class. Shri Rama fulfilled every relationship with heart. Even though, his friendly behaviour despited to be faced many problems.
Superior leadership ability. Lord Rama was a skilled steward. He was not taking anybody with him. It was only because of the superior leadership of Lord Rama, also displayed a sense of sacrifices, dedication as well as affection for all. For this reason, while going to exile of Lord Rama, Lakshman ji (lord Rama’s brother) also went with him to the forest. Not only this, Bharat served the public by keeping Ramji’s footstool on the throne keeping in mind the values of Lord Rama, despite getting the Rajapat in the absence of Shri Rama.
Every person wants to touch the dimensions of success in his life, but not every person is able to succeed in it. Some people climb the stairs of success. To achieve success or become a successful ruler, boss, team leader, one must possess many qualities. We can learn many qualities from the character of Lord Shri Ram, which will help to touch the dimensions of success. Lord Sri Rama was an avatar of Vishnu himself. He had immense powers, but he never misused it. Despite being the best, he used the bow arrow in accordance to the circumstances. His life was very limited, thus also know and interpreted as Purushottam Rama.
Prabhu Ram always walked on the right path and showed humility. In the same way, we should also do everything by being restrained. So that no one can termed us wrong. Wherever you are in any area, people judge you by your work. Prabhu Shri Ram always took everyone along. A successful boss is not the one who gives orders, a good or successful leader is the one who boosts everyone’s morale and gives everyone a chance to prove themselves at their best.
Further Goddess Ram ji spread the message for good livelihood as – obey everyone’s advice and even handed the responsibility of leadership to others in accordance with the time frame. Ram ji completed every task with a plan. Lord Shri Ram also killed Ravana with complete planning. Otherwise it was not easy to kill him. We also need to start planning and start every work. So that we can succeed. Unplanned work is embedded with obstacles/hurdles and also the work remains incomplete in between. Planning is essential to achieve your goal. A successful leader identifies the qualifications, talent, capability as well as specialisation of team members, Prabhu Shri Ram assigns the task to everyone according to their ability and they succeed in every task. He also assigned many tasks to increase efficiency of many people.
Ethical outcome – those who had the same nature, they were engrossed with joviality and delighted.
About peer pressure
The peer pressure sometime raised so high and end up as life threatening for particular. Parents need to be alert and timely verify so than they can protect children from such situations as – negligence, exploitation, abuse, violence or any other risk at home or in the society while paying full attention to their health and safety. Child protection is also require as providing support and rehabilitation to the child in the event, that he has become a victim of an unusual burden. If we do not protect our children, they will face risks such as death, permanent disability, poor physical and mental health, educational problems, displacement and isolation of homes.
Also visit ……. Critical and delicate duration of parenting
What are the risky sphere that children should be protected from? Some of the most risky situations that children need to be protected are child labor, child marriage, child trafficking, child sexual abuse, corporal punishment, neglect and abusive children for violating the abandonment law. Or harassment or neglect of HIV infected or afflicted children for crimes committed by elders of their family. There are many traditional incidents against children in different parts of the country which are cruel to children and endanger their lives. On many occasions, children lose their lives even due to superstitions spread in the society.
According to experts, since childhood, the effect of social conformity arises. Generally, there is more pressure in them aged of approx. 11-15 years, but parents do not understand this pressure. It also has a positive effect, which leads to the development of extra-curricular activities. But in today’s changing environment, collective impact has few negative phrase as well, such as class bunking, lying to parents, stealing, smoking etc. So to secure kids from such a negative phrase, Parents need to verify and tackle, If children are under peer pressure.
Also visit ……. Nursing and feeding tricks
What causes peer pressure ?
Stress in children is also like tension in adults, but their reasons may be different. There is a different kind of phrases around children which has a right and wrong effect on them. They can face such scenario anywhere at home, school, tuition, play ground etc. At this time, changes in their lives also develop very fast. In such a situation, it is difficult to say which thing becomes the reason for such scenarios. Also it impacts the performance of the child and his mind is always depressed.
Fighting with friends – Friendship is a beautiful relationship and what to say about childhood friendship. Any cracks in it can spoil one’s mood. Often few share their talk with friends only. Children friends are also very important for them. In such a situation, fighting with friends can bring them to community sentiment.
Also visit ……. Parent child relationship building 2021
Nerve racking atmosphere at home – If there is a grievous atmosphere in the house, it is natural for the child to come oppressively. In today’s changing lifestyle and rapidly growing cities, the credibility of relationships is decreasing and divorce cases are increasing. Due to poor relationship between husband and wife, their children also get affected and traumatic conditions are increasing. While Spending more time on gadgets, like TV, computer and mobiles have become a part of most people’s lives and children are also spending more time in them. Because of this their physical activity has decreased. Nowadays children are paying attention in these gadgets compared to sports, which leads them to loneliness atmosphere. How to detect tension in children.
Also visit ……. Families on the go travel
Positives effects of peer pressure
- Get inspiration for education.
- Students try to remain regular by leaving late in school.
- The academic performance of the students becomes good.
- Inspire to participate in sports, courses and extracurricular activities in school. But sometimes classmate friends can also have the wrong effect due to which children become victims of wrong things. In such a situation, at times parents also become aggressive on the children with stress and if the parents try to force the children, then it has the opposite effect and the children also become aggressive while talking to their parents. They start hiding and lying about their concerns also become habitual of the same.
How to protect school students from peer pressure? It is a matter of contemplation. Actually it isn’t wrong if any mistakes or errors done by children, Wrong it will be if nothing learned from those mistakes.
Also visit ……. Adapt Stubborn Children to Improve
Also visit ……. Consequences for lying child 2020
Negative effects of peer pressure
- Attracting beauty and fashion tips.
- Inappropriate consumption of medicines to reduce weight or health.
- Engaging in adult relationships.
- Copying or cheating in the examination.
- Bad habit of running away from school or class.
- Consumption of drugs.
- The habit of drinking in children under 18 years of age.
- Getting used to smoking or eating tobacco.
- Withdraw money stolen from parents’ pockets. Many children bring a lot of pocket money from home.
Also visit ……. Key features of best and successful parenting
Unique guide to deal and treat peer pressure
If your child is in tension, find ways to overcome it immediately. As soon as you hear the tension of children, execute further as –
Spend time together
Parents should spend time with their children. Children are the closest to their parents and want to spend some quality time with them. Parents should give them time until the children grow up. let’s be friend – Some parents scold children for minor mistakes. They only impose their decisions without listening to any of their views. This creates a feeling of fear from parents in the minds of children, due to which they are afraid to say their things. Parents also need to be friends of their children so that they share all their things with them. If there is any untoward incident in the school or outside with the child or something that brings him into tension, listen to him patiently and try to understand. In such a situation, scolding children can prove fatal.
Also visit ……. Dealing With Temper Tantrums
Do not put pressure
Parents often try to keep children at the forefront. Due to this expectation, they keep asking the children to come first and again, due to which the child becomes a victim of mental pressure. In such a situation, parents should understand that every human has different abilities. Parents should not put any kind of pressure on children to top the exams, games and other activities. They should encourage children to participate. Then the child loses or wins, he should be convinced that he is with his child in every condition. This brings confidence in the child and he also performs better by being tension free. Do your mind. It is also necessary to give freedom to children, but this does not mean that they are allowed to do anything unnecessarily. Giving freedom to children means that they understand what they want to do in their career and help in giving right direction. Apart from giving the children the right to take some decisions, they start thinking themselves important.
Also visit ……. Reaction to the sex related Queries
Create a happy atmosphere
If the child is tensed, then it can be reduced by making the environment around him happy. First of all, it should be noted that the atmosphere in the house should be cordial. Even if she is still under stress, the parents should look at the atmosphere of school, tuition and other places where the child has to go daily. If something is wrong, take immediate action. Change the routine/If the child is in tension, parents should immediately start trying to get him out of that condition. For this, you can pursue him in an activity like dance class, swimming etc. Can take for outing. Changing the routine in this way will divert attention and reduce tension.
Also visit ……. Verify regarding the children’s bulling victim 2020
Go to psychiatrist. Often people do not go to psychiatrists for tension because they start going madly to psychiatrists. This is a misconception. It is not crazy to consult a psychiatrist. If the tension is not over, take the child to the psychiatrist. Psychiatrists often control the situation through counseling. This counseling is also given to the parents along with the child. This results in rapid improvement in the child. Difference between psychiatrist and psychologist. Often people get confused between psychiatry and psychologists and do not understand who to go under tension conditions. Psychiatrist cures mental illnesses with drugs while psychologist tests counseling, psycho therapy, IQ test, personality test etc. In the event of tension, the cognitive behavior works. Psychiatry or psychologist can also be reached to anyone if there is pressurization atmosphere.
Also visit ……. Use Playful Learning Environment in 2020
How does peer pressure affect a child ?
Let us know – Ignoring the pain is the uncertainty of life, the struggle in the present and the shattered future absolutely breaks the students or children. Since coming first in class, the pressure to be active in cultural and artistic activities takes away from students their natural talent. Not only this, they want to perform despite being injured, just because they want to be the best. Just ignoring the pain can be dangerous for their mental health in future.
When children are not able to perform well due to this pressure, then lack of emotional support and parental nature hurts their self-esteem. Because of this many children take some unusual steps and generates many terrifying situations. The stress of admission to the best colleges and institutes or the pressure to get a good number makes the children study till late night and as a result they suffer from mental depression due to which they don’t have proper sleep. Lack of sleep affects both their physical and mental health.
Instead of learning when the fear of mimicry focuses on achievement, children look for easier ways and undefined as well as unusual short-cuts to achieve success.
Also visit ……. Using a well-discipline methods and techniques
Whether it is a small child or a big one, they doesn’t consider any harm in copying, even few invest money for cheating. In mutual competition, children do not hesitate to cheat their friends. This is a wrong trend, which can become dangerous later. The risk of suicide sometime get raised, but it is wrong to makes child a machine in the name of studies. One thing that children are most afraid of today is the fear of failure. Fear of not meeting expectations may also force them to take some wrong steps. According to the survey on an average one student is embracing death every hour. One of the main reasons for this is the expectation of better performance in the exam.
Also visit ……. Prevent child from techno addiction
Positive phrase about pressure on few children
The battle of self-esteem has become an indispensable standard of today’s performance. While ‘peer pressure’ mostly affects in a negative way, it can also be positive, that is, the pressure exerted by our old friends can be for the wrong things, in the same way it can sometimes hit you or your friends. Can also make a good impression. ‘Peer pressure’ means work done under the influence of our old friends, which can be negative, it can be beneficial as well, as if you are very fond of reading, then you may have read your own.
One can impress old friends by telling them about good books and then they will also start reading good books after getting influenced. In the same way, one may also become very good in sports or studies, influenced by friends and become better in sports or studies like them. That is, if anybody want, than peer pressure can be adopted in its good form. It will make better in every task for learning good things and also for healthy competition.
Also visit ……. Common Illness/Sickness and Initial treatment
Proper guidelines, along with mental support
- Be friendly with them, so that they share their every thing with you.
Instead of punishing child when they make a mistake, explain them with love.
- Develop positive thinking and habit of sharing with behavior of be honestly.
- Promote their creativity. Encourage them to participate in creative activities.
- Praise them by winning a contest, encourage them by rewarding them.
- Keep complete information about his friends.
- When there is a change in the behaviour of child, immediately meet their teachers and friends. Chat with them in detail about this.
- Teach them to say ‘no’ politely rather than being under pressure from friends.
- Tell some ways to avoid social stress.
Also visit ……. If children are under peer pressure
‘As per teenager’s wish one could say, Mummy-Dad, I am your child, not a robot.’ Therefore, it is most important that the parents be motivated to do well in studies, not to be intimidated. When it comes to the mental state of children, negativity and negative behavior are evident from their activities. Repeated illness of the child is a common symptom of stress. In the case of teenagers, stress caused by excessive pressure creates a state of rebellion and the child becomes a victim of depression.
Common illness/sickness and initial treatment
We experienced our parents’ care when we were sick as children, but the job of caring for our own sick children seems awesome. As parents we act as paramedics, comforters, and companions to our sick children. Until your children can tell you what’s bothering them, these roles can be especially difficult. Many of the tips related to the Doctor Visits, are apply to the care of toddlers and preschoolers as well as infants.
List of Common illness/sickness and initial treatment.
Digital Thermometer have made this job much faster and easier for parents. Glass thermometers are no longer recommended because of the risk of mercury poisoning if the glass breaks. The rectal temperature is the most accurate. it will be one degree higher than an oral temperature.
Other methods will give you a ”approx” temperature if you simply want an indication as to whether your child is suffering from fever. One is to kiss your child’s forehead. (The temperature of your lips is more stable than that of your hands). Other options include axillary (armpit) thermometers, the ears thermometer (not recommended in children under three months), and the forehead strip. It’s important to tell your doctor which method you used when you report a temperature.
- Make insertion of a rectal thermometer easier by smearing petroleum jelly on it.
- Give your child an egg timer to watch while the temperature is being taken. Or let your child watch TV or listen to a song, or sing one together to shorten the wait.
- Don’t take your child’s temperature immediately after bath; this can affect the temperature reading.
One of the hardest things about giving medicine to babies and small children is getting it all down. Don’t try putting it in a bottle of formula or juice, you won’t know how much your baby has received if all the liquid isn’t taken.
- Give your baby liquid medicine in a nipple. (Make sure all the medication appropriate to take by filling the nipple with a little water for your child to suck). Or use an eyedropper, vitamin dropper, or medicine syringe (without the needle), which you can buy at the drugstore. Squirting into the cheek area (not down the throat) is easy,, there’s no mess, and 5 milliliters (ml) equal one teaspoon.
- Give bad-tasting medicine by holding your child’ nose until the medicine is swallowed. Then give some gum or a drink while counting to hold your child’s nose.
- Many of today’s good- tasting medicines can be frozen as popsicles, but check with your doctor first!.
- Ask your physician for the more concentrated medicine. Many antibiotics come in two strengths : 125 milligrams [mg] per 5 ml [or the teaspoon ], and 250 mg per 5 ml .If the dose is 250 mg. You only have to get your child to swallow half a teaspoon of the more concentrated medicine instead of a whole teaspoon of the lees concentrated type.
- Chilling liquid medicines can improve the flavor.
- Call medicine “the slime” or some other humorous name. Most medicine these days are quite tasty, which actually causes safety problems because a child may wish to take major when you’re not around
- Use a hollow, graduated medicine spoon for giving medicine to older children. Check your drugstore or talk to your pharmacist.
- Hold a paper cup under your Child’s chin when giving liquid medicine. Spills can be mixed with water or fruit juice and drunk from a cup.
- Taste your medicine yourself, and tell your child if it tastes bad. If it does, rub an ice cube over your child’s tongue to numb the taste
- Wrap a small child in a bath towel to limit physical residence.
- If your child absolutely refuses medicine by clamping his jaws shut, gently squeeze his nostrils shut. His mouth will open quickly.
- An older child may enjoy watching the procedure in a mirror.
Pills skills and drills
- Butter a pill lightly or coat it with salad oil to help it go down easily. Or bury it in a spoonful of applesauce.
- Let an older child hold a marshmallow to eat after the medicine is taken.
- Place a pill in a teaspoonful of ice cream or whipped cream, and it will slide down.
- Press a pill between two spoons to crush it, then mix it with applesauce and jam. Serve it by spoon with a “chaser” of water or juice.
- “Give” the pill to your child’s tongue, and have them take two gulps of water or juice in quick succession from a narrow neck bottle. The pill should go down with the second gulp.
- Ask your pharmacist for an empty, labeled bottle for your child’s medicine. Put you Childs daytime medicine in the bottle and give it to your daycare provider.
- Note down the time, amount, and medicine given if you have more than one medication to administer to you child, or if you have more than one child taking more than one medicine. Keep the dosage sheet posted on the refrigerator. Memory can fail anyone-and often does.
- Hang a card on the refrigerator that shows the doses and days. Cross off each date as you go along to ensure that you give the proper number of doses.
- Let your doctor know if your child has not improved within forty-eight hours of taking medicine.
As with with constipation mild diarrhoea is often treated with dietary changes. Binding food such as bananas, rice, applesauce, and pasta often help. However, diarrhoea can be use by a number of serious illnesses or allergies. If your child has loose, watery stools for more than a day, call your doctor. Parents need to be sure about – threat of dehydration is very serious. If your child is listless and lethargic and unable to retain fluids, than may be dehydrated. Other symptoms include low urine output, dry mouth, few tears during crying, sunken eyes, and dry skin. Test for dehydration by pinching a sunkn eyes, and dry skin the back of your child may be dehydrated.
- Encourage an infant with diarrhoea to continue breastfeeding, or offer rehydration fluids such as Pedialyte. Avoid sports drinks and sugary beverages.
- If your child is in a hard time accepting liquids, try giving them in a tiny glass such as a shot glass.
- Serve liquids in a fancy adult glass to make drinking more appealing , but avoid lead crystal.
- Try weird – shaped straws to make drinking more interesting.
- Give jell- o water. This homemade binder is made by dissolving a three- ounce package of jell-o in a cup of cold tap water.
- Try water in which rice has been cooked ; it’s a binder, too .
- Don’t give a commercial binding product to a child under age five or six without consulting your doctor.
Coughs and sore throats
- Make a cough medicine by mixing lemon juice and honey in equal parts. ( Don’t give honey to babies under one year of age, it may contain botulism spores that can cause infant botulism ).
- Use a pillow or folded blanket to elevate the head of the mattress to make breathing easier for a child with croup, congestion, or a bad cough. Or place a few books under the bed legs near child’s head.
- Teach your child to gargle by doing it yourself while singing a song, let your child join in.
Cold and Flu
- Wash hands frequently to prevent and combat illnesses during the cold-and-flu season.
- Help prevent colds during the cold-and-flu season by putting all the toothbrushes in the dishwasher every few days.
- Use an old, soft washcloth or a soft handkerchief to wipe a tender nose. Or use tissues with lotion.
- Hang a wet towel or sheet near a heat source to increase the humidity in a room and make laboured breathing easier.
- Coat a sore nose with non-mentholated lip balm or petroleum jelly. Or put a little petroleum jelly on a tissue before wiping your child’s nose.
- Use an electric coffee maker (with the lid removed) as a steamer or vaporizer if a regular one isn’t available. Make sure to place it whether it can’t be tipped over.
- Put a feverish child in a lukewarm. tub and let him blow bubbles. When the child gets bored, give him a popsicle. It’s fun, there’s no mess, and the fever comes down.
- Help relive your child’s congestion by running very hot water in the shower. Sit with your child in the bathroom with the door closed. (Some people recommend cold water shower “steam” for croup.)
- Teach your children how to blow their nose by having them cost their mouth and pretend to blow out a candle with their nose.
- Cover the top blanket on your child’s bed with a sheet that can be changed if food or liquid spelled on it.
- Pin a paper bag to the side of the mattress for soiled tissues and other scraps.
- Severe tray meals with a damp washcloth or paper towel under the dishes to prevent them from slipping. The towel can be used to clean the patients hands after eating.
- Avoid having to run from room to room by keeping medications and other sickroom supplies in a container such as a shoebox, basket, or bread pan
- Use a lazy Susan for easy access to bedside supplies
- Anchor a shoe bag between the bed mattress and frame. The pockets (hanging down over the edge) will hold tissue and other small necessities.
- Use a parent’s old t-shirt as a sick gown for child with chicken pox, poison-ivy, or some other skin problem requiring lotion won’t stain bedding or furniture.
- Let a sick child lie on an adjustable chaise lounge from your outdoor furniture set. It allows for a variety of positions requiring lotion. The shirt won’t bind, and the location won’t stain bedding or furniture.
- Give bored kids with chicken pox some paintbrushes and calamine lotion, and let them busy in scratching. It will take them a while to do. Calamine lotion covers quickly and dries fast.
- Quell the itch of chicken pox and other nuisances by using spray starch on the spots. (Make sure it doesn’t contain sizing.)
- Put a little backing soda or Oatmeal Bath in your Childs tub.
Casts on Arms and Legs
- Keep a leg or arm cast dry for showering or bathing by covering it with a large plastic bag held in a place with a rubber band or waterproof tape.
- Clean up a dirty white cast with white shoe polish.
- Make regular jeans and pants usable over a leg cast by inserting a long in the inseam. When the cast comes off, the zipper can be removed and sewn up.
- Sprinkle baby powder at the opening of a cast, and blow it in with a hair dryer or vacuum cleaner (with airflow reversed) to relive itching.
- Lubricate the edges of a cast with petroleum jelly to prevent chafed skin.
- Whenever there is an ear ache, soak a cloth in warm water and foment outer area of ear with cloth.
- Never feed child in lying down position.
- Drop few droplets of hydrogen peroxide and wait until it comes in contact with ear infection. Do mandatory consult a doctor for this.
- Heat the salt and put it in a thick cloth and then tie it well. Do verify that it isn’t too hot, and foment outer area of ear. Repeat this process with best possible number of times.
- Reduce or eliminate your child’s intake of dairy products to help reduce the mucus that contributes to ear infections.
- Elevate thread of the mattress to help drain fluid.
Cover – 19 (corona virus )
Parenting can be challenging even on a good day, but during these challenging times. It is important that you avoid this situation. Take steps to help yourself, your child and your entire family. Day to day due to mandatory requirement of updated information of COVID-19. Difficult to focus on the activities of Difficult to decide (big or small). Feeling heavy, irritable or anxious. Disturbances in eating and sleeping habits. What can you do to help yourself? Congratulations – you are taking the first step assuming that this is a challenging time of uncertainty and stress to be managed.
So, what can you do as a caregiver? The way you are feeling today. Hope and try to be positive. Take care of yourself as much as possible – with you children and other adults are also living, Share responsibilities, work or rest. Set aside time for yourself, and maintain your routine while you can. Keep your daily schedule and structure as possible. Any spiritual, religious or cultural activities. Keep those you rest One of healthy copulation skills for yourself and your family, list out. Excessive drinking, online gambling, or drugs. Avoid behaviour like taking. Remember that negative mapping, may increases your stress levels and lengthen. Which Can make your situation worse in time.
So Friends, we need to take care of self on priority. If we are well and healthy then only, parents can take care of their partner, kids and other relatives. God bless my readers a healthy, wealthy and wise always. The healthy person is the best portrait of human soul.
Importance of Playful learning environment
In the growing age, friends are the only ones for children and they often share unbiased knowledge of physical-mental changes. At such times, parents can tell to children what is wrong, what is right. Nothing can quite replace visits for getting to know one’s relatives if your family enjoys big get-together on holidays or family reunions, your children are especially lucky . imaginative use of the telephone , mail , computer [for e- mail] , video camera [ digital or other] , VCR and audiotape recorder can provide good substitutes for visits and gatherings.
When a child comes home from school, than anyone elder as well mature person should be at home , During the growing towards teenagers it is important to share things and required revert or treat accordingly as, to encourage good work and not to oppose the wrong thing, nor do be rude and should not be harsher. Explain about what they should not do in their faith. One need to be soft by language and should sound as caring as well as friendly while taking to kids.
Impact and effects of playful learning environment
The encouragement to play and research helps children to learn and develop social, emotional, physical and mind. Children play for pleasure, but playing is also the key to their learning and development. Play helps to shape-up children’s knowledge, experience and develop their eagerness and confidence. Children learn by trying things out, comparing results, asking questions and facing challenges. Play develops language-learning, thinking, planning, organising, and decision-making skills.
Task generation and implementation of playful learning environment
Give grandparents a photo album containing a new grandchild’s photos and other memorabilia [ such as first drawing ]. Ask grandparents to write in the album about in the memories of the child will have his own special book to look at over the year.
If the child is handicapped, the need for stimulation and play increases especially. Equal opportunities are needed for girls and boys to play and to interact with all family members. Playing games with all ages family members is helpful for developing relationship and strengthen the same. Use Playful learning environment in 2020. It is also a great mode of connecting which generates a circle of socialism.
Verify regarding the children’s bulling victim 2020
The world of crime is also going through regular changes. New crimes are involved in the list of crimes. Cyber bullying is also one of these. How to protect your child from this crime. Have you ever experienced cyber bullying? Are you sure that your child is safe from Cyber negative impacts ? You say yes, but some figures will surprise you. According to a survey conducted on children, in the case of online harassment, India is third in the world. About 66 percent of the Internet users in India have faced cyber-bullying in some way. Not only that, about 53 percent of adolescents believed that they got real life from their online contact. Obviously this was done without the knowledge of the parents without meeting it.
Most important is to verify regarding the children’s bulling victim 2020. We all are aware about society and behavior pattern. According to a recent study, ‘1 out of 3 children is associated with bulling, whether it is a boiler or a bully supporter. If the child is afraid, nervous or scary while talking to the parents, it means that he is being bullied and he is hiding this from the parents. Studies have also proven that 67% of bullying occurs when there are no parents with children.
In any place, anywhere, between school, home or friends, children can become victims of bullying and there is no one else but the children. Parents make every effort to protect their child from being bullied. But what happens when your own child bullies others? Exploiting or bullying children get mental and behavioral signals, which can be identified and removed from this problem.
As per the normal discussion between parents, mainly concerns are about that children are bullied in school, but why do we forget that a child are also bullied or harassed by other children. What if your child bullies others.
Verify the source, place and mode of bully
Be friendly with the children, ask about their entire routine, friends-teachers.
- Parents won’t to be so busy, they should definitely attend the children’s parent-teachers’ meeting in which they can meet their teachers and friends.
- Parents are role models for children. Therefore, give examples of leadership, generosity and friendly people in front of them.
- If you see some changes in your child’s behavior, immediately contact the teacher.
- Tell the children aged 12-13 years about cyber bulling.
- If the problem is more serious, consult the child psychologist.
- In addition to the school, family gatherings and local communities give children the opportunity to meet their friends, this will create a sense of socialization in a safe environment.
Trace if child is bulling other children
Not able to sleep comfortably
A study conducted by the University of Michigan has found that children who have difficulty sleeping are more prone to bullying. While children who are able to sleep peacefully, nothing of this sort is seen. If your child is not able to sleep properly at night, talk to him and what is going on in his mind? Try to know this.
Justify wrong treatment with others. Often, the children stop talking to each other when they quarrel, but their quarrel does not last long and they become friends. But if your child is being very aggressive towards another child and is also justifying his wrong behavior then you should be alert. According to experts, children who do this behavior bully. Instead of shouting at such children one should talk with love. Ask him what is the reason that he is trying to justify his mistake too. Teach him to be sympathetic and explain how his misbehavior is affecting others.
Keep an eye on online history. Parents need to be aware of what the child sees and does online. With this help you can know what is going on in the mind of the child. Find out if your child is harassing other children online by creating a social media profile. If this is the case, make strict rules for the screen time. Keep an eye on your child’s online history as to what he does and what is going on in his mind. If you see anything wrong in this, then start counseling the child at your level.