Nursing and feeding tricks
Having a baby is like entering a long tunnel. you can’t see the end and you wonder what you’ve gotten yourself into. You emerge five years later having had less sleep then you might have wished, but thinking it wasn’t that rough after all. difficult days become difficult to remember. As we learn few Nursing and feeding tricks than child of infant care become easy.
Don’t worry if you don’t feel overwhelming love for your infant immediately. It often takes time, perhaps months, for real parental love as well as attachment to develop. Relax and enjoy the developing bond between you and your baby. Despite the newness of caring for your first baby, It won’t take you so long to become an old hand at baby care. Baby don’t arrive with attach instructions, but they do express their need.
Dressing sense for breastfeeding
- Keep a cardigan sweater, scarf or receiving blanket handy for a quick covering.
- If you are concerned about modesty, unbutton your blouse from the bottom, or wear a cotton t-shirt or pullover that’s easily lifted up. Your baby’s head will cover your bare midriff, and the t-shirt will cover your breast.
- Wear printed tops to make stains less visible if you leak .
- To prevent leaks from soaking through your bra cups, use soft handkerchiefs , three or four layers cut from an old undershirt, two-to-three-inch circles of terry clothes and stitched together, or a sanitary napkin or diaper cut to fit. Half a panty liner may be all you need. Nursing pads and other commercial products are also available.
- Wear a stretch bra that can be lifted up for nursing. Some women buy nursing bras before they go to the hospital, getting a size larger (and a cup size larger) than what they wore during pregnancy, but this doesn’t work for every woman consider buying a bra extender in sewing notions department for extra ”give” you may need.
Formula feeding or bottle feeding
A baby’s food needn’t be warm, but it goes against the grain for some parents to serve up a cold bottle. While bottle feeding, a fancy electric bottle warmer isn’t necessary. Every time prior to feeding baby through bottle, test the temperature of the milk by squirting a drop on your wrist. If it feels comfortably warm, then it’s okay for baby. While it isn’t critical for development, some parents hold their baby in arm, to help the infant develop good eye muscle coordination. Be extremely cautious when warming a bottle of formula in a microwave. Formula heats unevenly and can scald your baby’s mouth. Make sure to shake bottle until mixed very well and try testing on your wrist. If it is too warm, add more formula and vice-versa.
Avoid heating expressed breastmilk in a microwave, since it may reduce anti-infective properties. Cool an over-warmed bottle bottle by adding some cold milk or formula from refrigerator. Warm a bottle by standing it in a couple of inches of hot water in a bowl, pan, mug, or other container. Or run hot tap water over the bottle. Shake it occasionally to warm the contents evenly. Thaw a bottle of frozen breastmilk by letting it stand at room temperature until thawed, by running it under lukewarm water and gently turning (not shaking) the bottle, or by letting it sit in a pan of warm water. Never thaw it in a microwave, as this may reduce anti-infective properties. Freeze expressed breastmilk in small amounts (two to four ounces) in clean glass or hard plastic bottles. allow some room for expansion during freezing.
Mark the storage date and use before six months. Thawed breastmilk should be consumed within forty-eight hours. Freeze expressed breastmilk in an ice cube tray .(Each cube is about one ounce.) Store the cubes in a plastic bag, and mark the storage date. Defrost the cubes in a liquid measuring cup and pour into a bottle. If you’re traveling and need to keep formula or breastmilk cold, put reusable, self-filled, plastic frozen ice balls in the bottles. they won’t dilute the formula or breastmilk. Or keep the bottles in a small cooler. If you want to take the chill out of a bottle when eating out, ask for a glass half-filled with hot water and place the bottle in the glass for a minute or more
- Keep you baby awake and sucking by gently rubbing her cheek.
- Stop an older baby who bites while nursing by pinching your baby’s earlobe just hard enough to be a distraction.
- Experiment with various breast pumps, If possible, to find the one that works best for you.
- If you are engorged and your baby isn’t ready to nurse, express some milk in a warm shower or bath, or place a warm compress on your breast before expressing milk.
- Some babies find it hard to settle down against slippery nylon or polyester. If you are wearing a shirt of either fabric, slip a diaper or receiving blanket between you and your baby.
- If you baby falls asleep while nursing, change the diaper to make baby wake-up, during you are ready to change breast.
- When you want to stop nursing, put your finger in the corner of your baby’s mouth to break the suction and ease the infant off your breast.
- Keep track of which breast you started on last time by transferring a safety pin from one bra strap to other. Or move a light weight expandable bracelet or fabric hair from one wrist to another. Few women use a ring that loose enough to transfer from hand to hand.
Comfort set-up for nursing
- when nursing your baby on chilly nights , wrap up in a big blanket or get into a snuggle sack together. Or have a sweater or robe available. Your milk will flow better if you’re warm and cozy.
- Use a big pillow with arms, or a C-shaped nursing pillow, for breastfeeding in bed. some nursing pillows have Velcro straps that fasten around the mother’s back.
- Protect linens and blankets while nursing in bed by covering them with a crib-size waterproof pad.
- Place a thermos with a warm drink, or a sports bottle filled with a cool drink, near the area warm drink, or a sports bottle filled with a cool drink, near the area where you’ll be feeding your baby, so you can have the drink you need. keep a few energy bars there, too.
- Select a cushioned rocker, armchair, or sofa for nursing while sitting up. Choose one with low arms to rest your arms to rest your arms on, and put a pillow under your nursing arm for added support. If you’re thinking about buying a rocker, remember that a wooden one will be easier to clean than an upholstered one, though perhaps not as comfortable.
Cleaning till sterilizing, feeding essentials
Use your vegetables steamer basket to help clean or sterilize nipples, rings, and bottles. Open the steamer and turn it over to keep all the pieces under its umbrella in a pot of boiling water. While sterilizing bottles is no longer considered necessary, some parents like to use this procedure the first time they use the bottles or when their children are sick. Don’t be afraid to wash bottles in the dishwasher, place then in a zip-up mesh bag like the ones used to wash pantyhose, or use a plastic basket designed for this purpose. Clean nipples and glass bottles by boiling them in water in a glass jar in the microwave. A teaspoonful of vinegar in the water will prevent hard water deposits in the jar. Use denture cleaner tablets to clean glass baby bottles. let the bottles soak for half an hour according to directions.
Swish with a bottle brush and rinse. Rinse out empty bottles as soon as possible, or you’ll find “cottage cheese” in them later. If you don’t have a bottle brush, put warm water and some dry rice in the bottle, and shake to scrub out milk rings. To get rid of a sour-milk smell, fill the bottles with warm water, add a teaspoon of baking soda, shake well, and let stand overnight. Remove juice stains by putting baking soda and warm water in the bottle and scrubbing with a bottle brush. If you don’t have a bottle brush, use a pastry brush or something similar. Clean bottles by putting a dab of toothpaste on your bottle brush and just enough water to scrub them clean. Wash dirty bottles before going to bed at night, and fill them with the proper amount of water so they’ll be ready for night time or next day mixing.
For an even flow :- Regulate the flow of formula by loosening the bottle collar if the flow is too slow, or tightening it if the flow is too fast. Enlarge nipple holes, if necessary, by inserting toothpicks and boiling the nipples for three minutes, or by sticking a very hot needle into the nipple for few times. If the hole is too big, toss the nipple and start using the extras you bought. To prevent powdered formula from lumping, put the powder in first, then add water. Cap the bottle and pinch the nipple shut, and shake vigorously. Or use a wire whisk and warm water to help dissolve formula more easily. Eliminate air from bottle with disposable liners by pressing up on the liner until the liquid reaches the tie of the nipple. This allow your baby to drink in an upright position. Have your older baby use bottle straws inserted into traditional nipples. Formula will flow evenly no matter what position the bottle is in.
Save child from pernicious situations
The pernicious situations sometime raised so high and end up as life threatening for particular. Parents need to be alert and timely verify so than they can protect children from such pernicious situations as – negligence, exploitation, abuse, violence or any other risk at home or in the society while paying full attention to their health and safety. Child protection is also require as providing support and rehabilitation to the child in the event that he has become a victim of an unsafe condition. If we do not protect our children, they will face risks such as death, permanent disability, poor physical and mental health, educational problems, displacement and isolation of homes.
What are the risk situations that children should be protected from? Some of the most risky situations that children need to be protected are child labor, child marriage, child trafficking, child sexual abuse, corporal punishment, neglect and abusive children for violating the abandonment law. Or harassment or neglect of HIV infected or afflicted children for crimes committed by elders of their family. There are many traditional incidents against children in different parts of the country which are cruel to children and endanger their lives. On many occasions, children lose their lives even due to superstitions spread in the society.
Why and how do children become distressed
Parents Tension is often seen in children as their siblings get more attention. After the birth of the second siblings, the attention of the parents increases on the newborn and the attention of the first child decreases. He is also given various instructions to go to the newborn child and is punished with a little carelessness. In this way, due to the increased attention and love to the other child, he gets inferiority complex. He feels sad. Apart from this, there is a competition with siblings. Due to the good performance of one in school, the other child is made to feel inferiority complex. Due to this, terrifying / pernicious situations get raised.
Another factors are – concern of studies, worries of exams. Today, children’s bags have become much heavier than before. Their subjects have also increased and the pressure of class test, unit test, tuition test etc. is different every month. Due to lack of good grip in any one subject, he constantly becomes weak in it. In such situations, they remain in tension even during exams. All parents want to see their child at first position. For this reason, during studies, due to over-study and not being able to get proper sleep, and such is surrounded.
Harassment is physical as well as mental torture, which can take anyone under stress. Then the children have a very soft mind and they are not able to cope with it. They cannot even control such situation. In such a situation, they start living silently. This type of situation can happen with children anywhere in school or at home. Sometimes parents start beating children. Torture affects others along with own self, and also on others at home, which can take them under stress
Mainly Parents are working and stay busy. Children are most close to their parents. Being with the parents brings them confidence. But nowadays when the parents are working, in such a situation, they are unable to spend time with their children and children find themselves alone and are surrounded by tension.
Which Circumstances raise or arise pernicious situations
Stress in children is also like tension in adults, but their reasons may be different. There is a different kind of environment around children which has a right and wrong effect on them. They can face such situations anywhere at home, school, tuition, play ground etc. At this time, changes in their lives also come very fast. In such a situation, it is difficult to say which thing becomes the reason for such scenarios. Also it impacts the performance of the child and his mind is always depressed.
Fighting with friends – Friendship is a beautiful relationship and what to say about childhood friendship. Any cracks in it can spoil one’s mood. Often people share their talk with friends only. His friends are also very important for children. In such a situation, fighting with friends can bring them to tension.
Stressful atmosphere at home – If there is a grievous atmosphere in the house, it is natural for the child to come oppressively. In today’s changing lifestyle and rapidly growing cities, the credibility of relationships is decreasing and divorce cases are increasing. Due to poor relationship between husband and wife, their children also get affected and pernicious situations are increasing. While Spending more time on gadgets, like TV, computer and mobiles have become a part of most people’s lives and children are also spending more time in them. Because of this their physical activity has decreased. Nowadays children are paying attention in these gadgets compared to sports, which leads them to loneliness somewhere. How to detect tension in children
Symptoms to trace acrimonious situations
- Loss of appetite
- Missing studies
- Stay aloof
- Cry without anything
- Become irritable
- Spend more time alone and keep thinking
- To behave unnecessary angrily with others
- More sudden complaints from school.
To insist If you see any of these symptoms, take them seriously. The thing to keep in mind here is that these symptoms can also be caused by some other disease. Therefore, the parents should be thoroughly examine.
Unique guide to deal and treat pernicious situations
If your child is in tension, find ways to overcome it immediately. As soon as you hear the tension of children, execute these things –
Spend time together
Parents should spend time with their children. Children are the closest to their parents and want to spend some quality time with them. Parents should give them time until the children grow up. let’s be friend – Some parents scold children for minor mistakes. They only impose their decisions without listening to any of their views. This creates a feeling of fear from parents in the minds of children, due to which they are afraid to say their things. Parents also need to be friends of their children so that they share all their things with them. If there is any untoward incident in the school or outside with the child or something that brings him into tension, listen to him patiently and try to understand. In such a situation, scolding children can prove fatal.
Do not put pressure
Parents often try to keep children at the forefront. Due to this expectation, they keep asking the children to come first and again, due to which the child becomes a victim of tension. In such a situation, parents should understand that every human has different abilities. Parents should not put any kind of pressure on children to top the exams, games and other activities. They should encourage children to participate. Then the child loses or wins, he should be convinced that he is with his child in every condition. This brings confidence in the child and he also performs better by being tension free. Do your mind. It is also necessary to give freedom to children, but this does not mean that they are allowed to do anything unnecessarily. Giving freedom to children means that they understand what they want to do in their career and help in giving right direction. Apart from giving the children the right to take some decisions, they start thinking themselves important.
Create a happy atmosphere
If the child is in tension, then the tension can be reduced by making the environment around him happy. First of all, it should be noted that the atmosphere in the house should be cordial. Even if she is still under stress, the parents should look at the atmosphere of school, tuition and other places where the child has to go daily. If something is wrong, take immediate action. Change the routine/If the child is in tension, he should immediately start trying to get him out of that condition. For this, you can pursue him in an activity like dance class, swimming etc. Can take it out to rotate. Changing the routine in this way will divert attention and reduce tension.
Go to psychiatrist. Often people do not go to psychiatrists for tension because they start going madly to psychiatrists. This is a misconception. It is not crazy to consult a psychiatrist. If the tension is not over, take the child to the psychiatrist. Psychiatrists often control the situation through counseling. This counseling is also given to the parents along with the child. This results in rapid improvement in the child. Difference between psychiatrist and psychologist. Often people get confused between psychiatry and psychologists and do not understand who to go under tension conditions. Psychiatrist cures mental illnesses with drugs while psychologist tests counseling, psycho therapy, IQ test, personality test etc. In the event of tension, the cognitive behavior works. Psychiatry or psychologist can also be reached to anyone if there is tension.
Some tips for children
Children should also take care of some things in tension and take measures themselves to come out of it. Keeping these things in mind, children can also beat the tension: -It is very important to talk to someone in the event of tension. If you are also worried about something, then it should be shared with your parents or someone else.- Games bring children out of tension immediately. Children should go out and play physical activity games. If you like swimming, then definitely do it. Games like Chase, Ludo, Carrom etc. prove to be tension buster in indoor games.
In tension, you should stay away from TV and mobile. If you are fond of watching TV then watch programs with comedies. In such a situation, crime and serious programs should be avoided.- If there is tension about studies, then it can be dealt with by making a time table. If you have a fight with a friend, then you should talk to him yourself. All mistakes are forgiven in friendship.- One should sleep early at night and get full sleep.- Under stress, caffeine drinks like tea, coffee, cola etc. should be avoided.- If the tension continues to increase, then the help of a doctor should be sought.
Promote hygiene practices and health education among children
Take care of your child under shower to get him used to water on his head and face. Use a clean plastic syrup bottle or dishwashing detergent bottle as a baby shampoo dispenser. The pull-up top let’s you squirt just the right amount and close it with one hand. Or keep baby shampoo in a hand-pump soap container labeled with a permanent marker. It allows you to keep one hand on a slippery baby at all times. Strap your baby into an infant seat with a towel over the pad, if you use a big tub for your baby who can’t sit alone.
Place your baby bathtub in the regular tub when your baby is not big enough to sit up in a bathtub. It helps keep an active infant in place and your floor dry. Let a child who can sit upright, do so in a bathtub ring seat or a small, mesh plastic laundry basket in the big tub. The water flows into basket while your child remains contained. The empty basket can also serve as a place to store bath toys when the bath is finished. Try using a plastic inflatable pool in the shower stall, also as a transition.
Living behavior and its impact
Due to changes with social / economic / industrial lifestyle and development, there has been a tremendous change in the pattern of communicable to non-communicable diseases. In addition, inequality in social justice / equity promotes existing concerns. Due to various factors, the treatment of these diseases remains inaccessible to the common people and their diagnosis has also often been seen to decrease. In the present case, a shift from a preventive approach to a therapeutic approach is necessary at the individual-level as well as the population-level. In order to address the health determinants of NCDs, there is a need to create a healthy diet / environment for all regions and it is also the most effective way to meet the challenges. Furthermore, by adopting a health promotion approach, it is envisaged that it empowers the population to choose well-informed and appropriate health-related options.
Time is needed to adopt an effective communication strategy to raise awareness and create greater community engagement using appropriately available health policies as well as locally available resources / new technologies. Research has shown health promotion and nutrition interventions to be highly effective in addressing various social, economic and environmental determinants of health. It is necessary to use media effectively to create awareness to influence nutrition / health related behavior of the people in mainly countries. The goal of ‘Health and nutrition for all’ is to achieve the highest possible level of good health / well-being and good nutrition.
Nutritious food is an important cornerstone of health. Therefore, to meet the needs of the body, the food should have the proper amount of essential nutrients. Nutrient excess and deficiency — both are equally harmful and have long-lasting adverse effects on individual, family, and community health. Thus, it is important to relate this issue effectively and make the community aware about the importance of good health and optimal nutrition. Good nutrition, regular physical activity and adequate sleep are essential rules for a healthy life. A holistic approach is needed to promote the concept of optimal nutrition across the nation.
Making Shampooing Easier
Most first-time parents are surprised when a fear of shampooing develops, yet it’s common. Shampoo as seldom as possible during this period. Once or twice a week is probably enough, unless your child has special problems. You can make a game out of hair washing by joining your child in the bathtub and pouring water over your head first . Or let your child wash a doll’s hair while you wash hers. don’t force child’s hair frequently [cover the brush with an old nylon stoking to help absorb oils] and occasionally wash hair with a damp washcloth. When you must shampoo, use a no-sting baby shampoo, and do the job quickly and matter-of-factly praising your child for bravery. As difficulties this period is for both for you, remember that is too-shall pass.
Tips to promote hygiene practices and health education among children
- Shampoo your child first, and then allow for a play tithe will end-on a happy note.
- try letting some-one else be the shampooer [dad, grand-parent]
- Make shampoo sculptures-in your child’ s hair. keep a hand mirror near by for your child to admire the new “do”!
- Try reintroducing a no- longer-used infant seat, the tilt allows the child’s head to be tipped back comfortably for shampooing.
- Tell your child the story of a speck of dirt that gets tired, settles for a nap on your child’s head, and is joined by lots more specks, only to get washed out my mom or dad. Telling the story should last as long as the shampooing .
- Sing loud songs together throughout the whole process.
- Wrap your child in a big beach towel, and have her-lie face up on the kitchen counter with head over the sink. Use a sprayer if one’s available. The towel will hold your child steady, your closeness will provide security, and it will be easier for you to control the soap and water.
Keeping shampoo out of eyes
- Put only a small amount of water in the tub so your child can live down flat from shampooing.
- Fill a big plastic jug with water and let it sink to the bottom of the tub. Your child can use it for a headrest. Or use your arm to support your child’s head.
- Have your child learn back under the faucet for a quick, easy rinse. Or make rinsing fun by using a watering can.
- Place colourful stickers on the ceiling over the tub to keep your child’s attention during rinsing. Change stickers periodically if interest seems to be wane.
- Use a sponge instant of a cup to control water when you rinse. (And try a sponge for applying shampoo soap won’t be so likely to run into eyes).
- Give your child small folder towel or washcloth to hold over eyes and face. Or use a plastic visor by cutting out the inside circle of a paper plate and placing it over your child’s head.
- Use swim goggles to prevents soap and water from getting into looks like a frog. Have your child repeat,”ribbit”
- Give your hands and sponge names, and have them argue over who’s going to wash your child’s hair.
- Let your child control the hand-held shower hose.
Making it fun
- Wear a puppet washcloth on your hand to make face cleaning less traumatic .
- Give your child a “smelly “bath using kitchen flavour extracts peppermint extract is fun. A little food colouring adds interest to the water experience.
- Help teach a little girl to get herself clean in a tub by pretending she’s a big girl geeting ready for a party. Soap on the face is cream, powder, blush and eye make-up soap on a leg is a silk stocking, soap on an arm is a white satin glove, shampoo is hair spray, and so on .
- Create a fun, washable bath mitt out of an unmatched sock. Draw a face with a permanent marker to make it a puppet .
- Buy bath towels that depict your child’s favourite book or television characters.
- Use coloured sidewalk chalk or bathtub crayons for drawings and colouring in the tub. They wash off easily.
Fear of the tub
- Bath with your small child to provide extra security. It’s a fun, too!
- Run the bath water before bringing a frightened child into the bathroom, lf you don’t have another child who might climb it while your back is turned.
- Ask questions to find out what’s scaring your child. Is it the water ? The drain? A slippery tub? Getting hair washed?
- Lure a child who’s reluctant to get in the tub by putting creamy hand lotion in little cups and mixing a few drops of food colouring in each. Have your child use the connection to “paint” his face and body then have hip-hop into the tub.
- Create a diversion by having your child help you put the bath toys, bubble bath or even the anti-skid mat in the tub. Some parents prefer to use a little liquid dishwashing detergent for bubbles. (Commercial bubble bath has been known to contribute to vaginal infections in little girls used too often).
- Use only a few inches of water in the tub, increasing the amount as your child’s gets more comfortable with it.
- swimming and swimming classes often help kids overcome bathtub fears
- Let your child give a doll a bath in the tub. Exerting control over a fearful Situation can help a child overcome the fear.
Encouraging good habits
- Keep a sturdy step stool next to the sink to encourage self -help.
- Hang a small medicine cabinet on the bathroom wall at your child’s eye level, to hold grooming necessities. If the cabinet has a mirror, so much the better.
- Buy mirror tiles to stick on the wall at your Childs height position the tiles so you can add mare as your child grows
- Give your child a inexpensive plastic case with his name on it. equip it with personal hygiene items such as a trawled- size toothpaste , toothbrush , a small bar of soap, and other necessities .
- half fill your bathroom sink each morning with clean water let your child dip both hand in, soap up, and towel dry change the water as needed
- ask your child, ” are all those little grimes gone?” this will help him conceptualize ” stuff” that must be washed off.
- Give a bath mitt to a child who hates to wash up. make one out of an old sock tied up with left over pieces of soap inside , or new two washcloths together after putting soap chips inside.
- ask your child to wash a particular toy before a meal or after toileting. its a good way to get hands washed without a battle.
- a liquid soap dispenser is probably not a good idea until children are about fine and won’t use it as a plaything.
Using hand towels
The best way to get really dirty hands clean is to have a child wash something in the sink: a toy, a doll, some plastic cups, and so on. remember that a wet, dirty bathroom towel is better than a neatly hung, unused one. assign each family member a color for towels and washcloths buy towels in a particular just for that person. buy washcloths and hand towels printed with picture of your Childs favorite storybook characters. Place press-on hooks at your Childs level, so towels can be hang up more easily. use a shower curtain ring to attach a hand towel to a towel bar the towel was hang securely for hand drying.
Keywords – 10 personal hygiene practices, dental education for kids, early childhood nutrition education, food safety and hygiene practices, good hygiene practices, hand hygiene, health education for children, health education for kids, health education for malnutrition child, health education for preschoolers, health education for toddlers, health education for under five, health safety and nutrition in early childhood education, hygiene practices, medical hand washing, nutrition education for children, personal hygiene practices, promote hygiene practices, Promote hygiene practices and health education among children, surgical hand washing
Tips New born Baby (infant) Care
Don’t worry if you don’t feel overwhelming love for your infant immediately. It often takes time, perhaps months, for real parental love to develop. Relax and enjoy the developing bond between you and your baby.
Despite the newness of caring for your first baby, it won’t take you long to become an old hand at baby care. Babies don’t arrive with attached instructions, but they do express their needs loud and clear. Luckily, they don’t realise that everything you do is just as new for you as it is for them.
Having a baby is like entering a long tunnel. You can’t see the end and you wonder what you’ve gotten yourself into. You emerge five years later having had less sleep than you might have wished, but thinking it wasn’t that rough after all. The difficult days become difficult to remember.
Caring and sharing
- Use a fabric marker to write your baby’s name, birth date, weight, and length on the front of a single-color outfit oneside. Photograph your baby wearing the outfit, and send copies as birth announcements.
- Take advantage of your computer by sending e-mail announcements and sending them through the regular mail.
- Imprint your baby’s foot several times on paper cards using a nontoxic ink pad. The cards will make lovely announcements or thank-you notes.
Adjusting to your new life
- Turn the telephone ringer off when you don’t want to hear it, or disconnect the phone if it doesn’t have a ringer switch.
- Use paper plates and cups to minimise housework, or have your helpers do the dishes. This is not the time to prove you can do it all and that nothing has changed.
- Put an extension phone in your baby’s room, or carry a cordless phone while taking care of your child.
- Buy or make a “Do Not Disturb” sign, and hang it on your front door whenever. Or create a personalised sign such as “Ssssh! Baby and Mommy are Resting!”
- To avoid answering the phone when you don’t want to, record the details of your baby’s birth on your telephone answering machine or voice messaging service. You may wish to add the best time to call. (You should be sleeping when your baby is.)
- Get support from friends and relatives who’ve had babies, or become involved in community parent groups.
- Make an effort to create “parents only” time each day (a late dinner after your baby goes to bed, a walk around the block while a friend or relative watches your baby, a five-minute telephone call during the day, and so on).
Your New Baby And You
While discussing about – New born Baby (infant) Care – Amid the flurry that follows the birth of a baby, it’s important to remember that everyone has adjustments to make. If it’s your first child, you’ll have new roles to try out if you have another children, their position will be changed overnight, too.
Along with the excitement and pride come stress and fatigue. You’re apt to demand a great deal of yourself, which can take its toll on those around you. Take care of your personal needs so you can help others take care of theirs. Be especially good to your partner during this time, and put off your big decisions, if possible.
When You Get Home
- After bathing, gently dab the tender area with a soft towel, oruse a hair dryer.
- Get a robe that buttons all the way down the front. It’ll be easier to get in to and out of than one that opens only part way down.
- Protect your incision while nursing by putting a regular pillow or a C-shaped pillow in your lap, or by putting your arm underneath your baby and holding her head at your breast.
- Stay in bed as much as you can. Keep your baby in a bassinet or crib near your bed, and keep a good supply of diapers and baby clothes nearby.
- Try making a play pen of your bed if you must care for a toddler, too. Keep plenty of toys and books within reach.
Caring for a tender abdominal muscles
- Don’t vacuum for a couple of months. The movements involved are hard on abdominal muscles. (It’s a good job for a father, partner or other family member.)
- Many mothers claim that rocking in a chair an hour more each day relieves abdominal discomfort and intestinal gas.
- Avoid bending down when dressing or changing your baby. Use an elevated changing table instead of a bed or other lower surface.
- Use your foot as a lever to raise your toddler off the floor when you’re in a chair or bed, instead of learning down to pick your child up.
- Avoid holding your baby in one arm while doing things around the house, until your muscles are stronger if your baby is fussy and wants attention, consider a mechanical baby swing .
WHEN YOU GET HOME
- Get a robe that buttons all the way down front. It’ll be easier to get in to and out of than one that opens only part way down the front. It’ll be easier to get in to and out of than one that opens only part way down.
- Wear comfortable, protective underwear to keep lose clothing from rubbing against your incision, unless loose clothing alone is not irritating.
- After bathing, gently dab the tender area with a soft towel, or use a hair dryer.
- Protect your incision while nursing by putting a regular pillow or a C-shaped pillow in your lap, or by putting your arm underneath your baby and holding her head at your breast.
- try making a playpen of your bed if you must care for a toddler, too. Keep plenty of toys and books within reach.
Keyword – new born baby care, newborn baby care 1st month, newborn baby care after birth, newborn care, newborn care after delivery, newborn cord care, newborn umbilical cord, newborn umbilical cord care, pampers premium care newborn, taking care of a newborn
Few ways to make your child feel loved and valued
Parents who want their children to develop high self-esteem make a point of treating them with respect and courtesy. They don’t reserve “please,” Thank you,” and “I’m sorry” for adults. They don’t belittling their children, and they correct or punish them when they can, to help their kids save face. And they advice, “Don’t take it all too seriously. No single incident will shape your child’s character!”
Increasing children often have a profound influence on television and movies, this age is such. They will have to realise that apart from the opposite sex, also parents, brother and sister. They have to explain with love it’s extending in the growing age is only physical attraction, not enduring affection.
This is where the real intuition and reconciliation between the two begin. If you can not explain your point to the child properly and you are sticking to the rules, then there can be trouble. At this age children want to live by their own will and they can not tolerate parental control.
By Deed of conveyance
- Keep a running list on the refrigerator door of positive things your child has done that day. Read the list at bedtime to help your child feel good about herself before going to sleep.
- Share baby record books and photo albums with your older children, so they enjoy their growth and development.
- Let your kids entertain you with plays they make up. Give them wooden or mixing beaters to use as microphones,”and prepare to clap a lot as they ham it up!
- Create an impression! Cut around your child’s hand in cookie dough to make handprint cookies, or make a large picture by tracing an outline of your child’s body on paper or cardboard and then cutting it out.
- Keep a “baby” drawer or box for archiving anecdotes and keepsakes from your child’s life. Add to it as often as you like, including the letter you wrote to your unborn child while you were pregnant. The drawer or box may also serve as a place to store your child’s as she grows older. Going through the box once or twice a year will be fun for all!
- Keep a joint diary with your child. Have her contribute to the content and provide illustrations wherever she likes. Cover the pages with clear contact paper to preserve them. Occasionally read a page or two to your child at bedtime.
- Tape-record your child’s voice while she’s singing, reciting, or taking with you. Play t back for your child, expressing your delight at her verbal skills.
Making children feel special by word
- Use your child’s name often in conversation, and use nick names only if your child like’s them. Use your child’s name in other ways, too (wooden letters on the wall of your child’s room, magnetic letters on the refrigerator, a sign on door, a puzzle, a homemade place mat and so on.
- Designate a special song for each member of the family. Making up your own words can make it even more special.
- Share a special secret with each child it could be a middle child secret (if both parent and child qualify) or a code word that no one else knows.
- Tell your child to give himself a pat on the back for something done well.(Children need to learn to affirm themselves, since parents won’t always be there to do it.)
Specials for fathers
In spite of the facts that dada is one of the first words a baby learns (often inspired by mom, who wants to make dad feel good), fathers often spend comparatively less time with their children when they’re small. Today more and more fathers are finding that they want to have a meaningful influence on their children’s lives, and many have developed specials things to do.
- Take advantage of your natural inclination to get down on the floor play can be special father-child time.
- Share your morning shave time with your child. Make a shaving cream beard on your child’s face, and have your child (girl or boy) shave it off with a plastic spoon or an old credit card that’s been cut into the shape of a razor.
- Write down your feelings periodically about being a parent and about how you see your children. You’ll like looking back on your writings, and so will your children when they’re old enough.
- Visit your parents with one child at a time, leaving your partner and other children at home. It’s excellent one-on-one time, plus your parents may seldom get to see you without your partner.
- Give your time, rather than “things”. Write down a list of activities you and your child enjoy together, and let your child choose one when a reward is in order.
- Bring a memento home from a business trip, but be aware that it need not to be an expensive present. The small soaps, shower caps, and shoe-cleaning cloths from hotels are always appreciated, as are airline magazines, plastic utensils from meals, and packets of sugar or condiments.
- Write notes or letters to your children if you must depart before they wake up.
Making play dates work
Play dates can occur with or without a second parent around. A child’s separation anxiety quotient will be your determine factor.
- Help your child select a playmate with similar interests (dinosaurs, babies, and so on) so they’ll be more likely to have fun.
- Planning one play date a week is usually sufficient.
- Take your child’s nap schedule into account. You may have to limit play dates to children who are on a similar nap schedule.
- Take preventive measures to minimize conflict by asking your child to put away hard-to-share toys. Take out duplicate toys, and ask your child to your child about sharing before playmates comes over.
- Start with a snack if children are coming from preschool or another group setting.
- Start playtime with one planned activity, and let them go from there.
- Have the children meet at a neutral setting, such as a park or a playground, if you don’t have the time or inclination to clean up at home.
- Try to keep your child’s siblings out of the play date activities, if possible.
- Limit play dates to an hour or two. (Start with half hour and build up.)
- Plan on takin your child’s playmate at home, if you can. Creating a good and timely end to play date can influence its success.