Critical years in parenting journey
Being a parent, no matter of country or society family lives in, bring many challenges and blessings. It is undoubtable that some parents, challenges are much greater than others but there is no rating scale of difficulty with which to measure these, and different parents in even the worst conditions vary in low resilient, capable and proactive they can be in relation to caring for their children and enabling them to grow into independent and functional adults.
The job of being a parent is like no other and yet all of the following points are universal :-
- Every parent has to create their own style of parenting to suit their particular children and family situation.
- Everyone, including relatives, friends, society at large and the children themselves, themselves, especially adolescents, will have views on how well you are doing.
- It requires the investment of large amounts of emotional and physical energy and material resources.
- It involves huge responsibility.
- There is no salary or expense account.
- There is no job specification or contract.
- It continues throughout life.
It is undoubtable that some parents challenges are much greater than others but there is no rating scale of difficulty with which to measure these, and different parts in even the worst conditions vary in how resilient, capable and proactive they can be in relation to caring for their children and functional adults.
Influences and issues through media
Now as per current scenario, we live in tenure that is so influenced by and reflective of the media that it is influenced by and reflective of the media, which is tough to select and elaborate the important aspects and do the subject justice. The key aspects of teenagers lives influenced by media include:
- Online socialization.
- Relationships and social behavior, including sexual behavior.
- Learning from teachers-directed curriculum-related material.
- Learning about the world, as social, political, physical, factual ideas.
- Lifestyle choices and choices about how to spend leisure time.
- Consumer behavior.
- Dysfunctional and anti-social human behavior as violence, conflict, war, suicide, self-harm.
- Mental health issues.
- Body image and physical health.
While thinking about how to manage teenagers with excessive use of new media, an either/or approach, which involves imposing or banning strict curfews, can seem to be the easiest and clearest method.